nugent auctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
    Nugent, from the more recent interviews he has done, he seems to have calmed down a good bit, comes off a lot more down to earth. Years ago, his interviews were "Different", out there, wacky, but he usually had good points, just came off quite a bit out there.
    Have had the pleasure of hunting with him on a couple of occasions. His on screen persona is much different than his around the camp fire one. He is a great guy a lot of fun. He tried to tech me instinctive shooting but aint no way I could do it. He is crazy accurate.

Comment

I met him once, back in the late '80s at a Bass Pro hunting expo at their headquarters/store, was very pleasant to talk to. Later on I had an employee in Waco whose wife is friends with Shemane, who couldn't say enough good things about her and Uncle Ted. They were friends via her ladies group at church. Solid people.
      Last edited by SharpEnd; 03-05-2021, 02:30 PM.

Comment

She can't be as hot looking as she used to be, but then she is probably only in there 30s now, maybe early 40s. I have not heard one word about her, since he married her, I don't even remember how long ago that was.
        She's actually in her late 50s

Comment

She can't be as hot looking as she used to be, but then she is probably only in there 30s now, maybe early 40s. I have not heard one word about her, since he married her, I don't even remember how long ago that was.

Maybe I need to get my glasses checked.
          When he met her. Fine.
          ted-nugent-shemane-1980s-photo-GC by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Current pic. She is still F-I-N-E Fine.
          VNSRPYHBH5P4XBP2ORKVL3FEO4 by Tony Pic, on Flickr
          46b9b2d58154c988a0fad011584c538f by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

Wow, looks even better now,

Comment

She's gorgeous. The first time I met Ted and her was in 1994. I was on my way to the airport here in Abilene, and my wife and I stopped at Taco Bueno to grab a quick lunch. My buddy and his wife were in there with Ted and Chemaine. They were grabbing lunch on their way to the airport as well, and Ted and Chemaine were on my flight to DFW from Abilene.

Comment

Maybe I misinterpreted - I thought you meant she was now in her late 30s early 40s. Sorry for the confusion. She's near 60 iirc.

Comment

Way back in the early 2000s when we had the first Video Challenge awards at Bownanza, I got Ted to autograph some TBH Video Challenge caps and other TBH memorabilia to include as awards. Also gave him and his bride some TBH caps and stickers. He was very cool about it and also threw in one of his books. He was a lurker on TBH at the time, but did register and post a few times after that.

Comment

Not a fan of Nugent or Fonda either to Over The Top for me

Comment

I love how the Haters come out of
                      the woodwork because they are
                      Soo jealous
                      Funny stuff

Comment

So how does this auction work with the pre-auction bidding before the actual auction in a couple of weeks??

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                          So how does this auction work with the pre-auction bidding before the actual auction in a couple of weeks??
                          Usually how these work is you can register now and the bidding is online only until the live auction starts. Current high bid at the time of the live auction will be the starting bid. You are able to bid online during the live auction until they lay the hammer, since seats at the auction for in person bidding will be limited.

Not saying that is exactly how this one plays out, I haven't looked into it, but that has been the case for other live auctions that I've participated in online.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                            Usually how these work is you can register now and the bidding is online only until the live auction starts. Current high bid at the time of the live auction will be the starting bid. You are able to bid online during the live auction until they lay the hammer, since seats at the auction for in person bidding will be limited.

Not saying that is exactly how this one plays out, I haven't looked into it, but that has been the case for other live auctions that I've participated in online.

This is pretty much how he explained it on Michael Berry's show when Michael had him on talking about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post

Ok thanks. Makes sense. Am I also reading it correctly that you’ll have to pay 15% additionally to the auction house if you win along with applicable state taxes?? Sounds like a lot to tack on!

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                                Ok thanks. Makes sense. Am I also reading it correctly that you’ll have to pay 15% additionally to the auction house if you win along with applicable state taxes?? Sounds like a lot to tack on!
                                I never understood that. The buyers premium. Like Real estate. The seller should pay. You are paying a competitive price and then you have to pay ANOTHER 10-15% on top of that? No Thanks. E Bay is enough for me

Comment

Working...
                                X