No announcement yet.

2021 White Bass Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s what I’m thinking! I can make it pretty far even though I’m in a fiberglass boat because it’s a jet drive center console, but I’m careful lol... I’ll probably start at the bridge and work my way up to the skinny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I also have someone doing some scouting on the South to see if they are there. If they are there then the North will be in fire like you said with this little rain!

Comment

Originally posted by 3under3 View Post
        There is another creek that feeds into Benbrook that crosses 1187 near Mustang park
        Yeah, there's Mustang Creek and Rocky Creek. I'm not sure how to access either without trespassing. Maybe there's a trick to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hendo View Post
          That’s what I’m thinking! I can make it pretty far even though I’m in a fiberglass boat because it’s a jet drive center console, but I’m careful lol... I’ll probably start at the bridge and work my way up to the skinny!

Sounds like the right plan. If you see me out say hi! I'll have a cooler full of beers and hopefully another with some fish.

This is my rig, but running a 90 Yamaha now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Will do! I’ll be in a black Yamaha

Comment

Originally posted by natvet View Post
              I caught more whites than I could(or want to ) keep. They were on mid-lake humps and channel swings, jigging in about 40 FOW.
              Nathan
              Thanks for the info on this. Ready to get out there after them but I wasnt sure what the cold snap did to them. Were you fishing with jigs?

Comment

What are some of y’all’s favorite jig colors and setups?

Comment

Originally posted by Cullstuff View Post
                  What are some of y’all’s favorite jig colors and setups?

So far this year, i have had good luck with Black/Hot Pink slabalicious from Mr Crappie as well as Silver/Chartreuse slabalicious. Both on 1/8 oz. lead head.

Messed up and caught a few crappie on an orange head/chartreuse body roadrunner a few days ago.
                  My wife and uncle like to go the live bait route with minnows and i out fished them in the same hole 6 to 1. Just something a out a paddle tail that fires them up on this little stretch of creek. Im sure other ares find maybe a rooster tail or a curl tail grub to do better. But this is just my little sample size.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                    Yeah, there's Mustang Creek and Rocky Creek. I'm not sure how to access either without trespassing. Maybe there's a trick to it.
                    I have a boat but I would think you could start in either of the parks and work your way up river if bank fishing. Pay attention to the no parking signs, I have seen people getting tickets for parking by the bridge leading into mustang park.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                      Thanks for the info on this. Ready to get out there after them but I wasnt sure what the cold snap did to them. Were you fishing with jigs?
                      I was using 1/2 oz kastmaster silver jig/ spoon. It was almost identical in size to the shad the were throwing up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by natvet View Post
                        I was using 1/2 oz kastmaster silver jig/ spoon. It was almost identical in size to the shad the were throwing up.

Good info. Thanks. I think me and boy might go looking for them on Saturday. We'll be in a red and white Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                          So far this year, i have had good luck with Black/Hot Pink slabalicious from Mr Crappie as well as Silver/Chartreuse slabalicious. Both on 1/8 oz. lead head.

Messed up and caught a few crappie on an orange head/chartreuse body roadrunner a few days ago.
                          My wife and uncle like to go the live bait route with minnows and i out fished them in the same hole 6 to 1. Just something a out a paddle tail that fires them up on this little stretch of creek. Im sure other ares find maybe a rooster tail or a curl tail grub to do better. But this is just my little sample size.

I usually use a paddle tail as well. Lots of action and vibration without much effort!

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                            Good info. Thanks. I think me and boy might go looking for them on Saturday. We'll be in a red and white Champion.
                            I should be on the lake Friday and maybe Saturday morning(depending on what the boss says).
                            I am in a blue and white Skeeter center console.

Comment

Originally posted by TXCreed90 View Post
                              Anyone have any advice for catching them on the fly this spring? Any favorite fly’s?
                              Small, lightly dressed clousers. White, chartreuse or yellow. Also had a little luck on spoon flies.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                                Sounds like the right plan. If you see me out say hi! I'll have a cooler full of beers and hopefully another with some fish.

This is my rig, but running a 90 Yamaha now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Flex, they are in the South bosque just caught about 15 in a couple hours. North should be in fire this weekend but I’m sure there will be tons of traffic!

Comment

Working...
                                X