No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We catch snook and small tarpon up the brazos but like Glen said its where you would expect to find them

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
      I plan on going to Port Aransas and fish inshore March 15th I was just wondering what to throw I like artificial I'm a bass fisher men so would some watermelon red flukes work or some corkys, Gulp shrimp on a jig head?just trying to pick the green screens brain on what to throw and what colors.

I will not be keeping any of the fish strictly catch-and-release
      Gold spoon for starters. When I fish gulps I put them under a popping cork.

Comment

The old gold spoon. Lol i have zero confidence in one prob cause i have never thrown one. Guess no time like the presint. Thanks for the tip

Comment

Gulp can be fished under a popping cork or on a jig head either one, the fish will tell which way they prefer

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
            I plan on going to Port Aransas and fish inshore March 15th I was just wondering what to throw I like artificial I'm a bass fisher men so would some watermelon red flukes work or some corkys, Gulp shrimp on a jig head?just trying to pick the green screens brain on what to throw and what colors.

I will not be keeping any of the fish strictly catch-and-release
            I catch a lot of fish on flukes in the salt.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Update on the STAR tourney. Looks like only a tagged redfish division this year and that’s even CPR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?...LXu2B7xyVJebdm

Update on the STAR tourney. Looks like only a tagged redfish division this year and that’s even CPR.

I saw that, good for them.

I don't think it would have been smart to try to have that portion of the tournament. And it sucks for CCA, I am sure they took a big hit last year with the banquets all being cancelled. STAAR is huge for them and this may hurt them if they don't get real creative on how they will restructure the inshore portion. I wish them well with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                  I saw that, good for them.

I don't think it would have been smart to try to have that portion of the tournament. And it sucks for CCA, I am sure they took a big hit last year with the banquets all being cancelled. STAAR is huge for them and this may hurt them if they don't get real creative on how they will restructure the inshore portion. I wish them well with it.
                  I will still enter

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Gulp can be fished under a popping cork or on a jig head either one, the fish will tell which way they prefer

When you fish it under a cork do you still use a light jig head or an unweighted hook?

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                      When you fish it under a cork do you still use a light jig head or an unweighted hook?

I’ve used a jig head.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post

You can do it either way. I use a 1/16th oz jighead. Just enough to sink it. I know lots of guys who when they switch from shrimp to gulps leave the same hook and rig on they were using for live shrimp and just hook a gulp shrimp on there and they catch fish too.

Comment

One of my new favorites under a cork is a Lil John on a 1/16 oz head.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            One of my new favorites under a cork is a Lil John on a 1/16 oz head.
                            I catch a lot of fish on exactly that rig. It's a great setup for all skill levels too. A great way to break someone new into catching fish on lures.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                              I’m scheduled to fish with some buddies down south with Chad Peterek on April 9th. It should be interesting.

Ol Punkin' is pretty good two things, talking crap and finding fish. I'm sure you will do just fine though Chad may have to "work" more than normal haha. If anyone ever sold their soul, it was him. He's married to my good friends sister, good dude and heck of a fisherman.

Comment

Any of y’all ever read Glory of the Silver King. The golden age of Tarpon fishing?

Comment

Working...
                                X