Still licking my wounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    Well, if you got shot in the shoulder with an arrow, how long would it take for an untreated wound to get infected? Not in a couple of days.
    It is just a shame. BTW, these kind of self revealing tragic stories are exactly the kind of ammo the antihunters look for and use against us. IMHO, if we shoot and don't recover, we don't need to blast it out on social media.
    Hell I don’t think you’ve posted a single **** animal yet.

Part of hunting is it doesn’t always work out. The OP isn’t exactly a rookie. And the elk shot high out of the vitals will probably live just fine.

I envy that tag brother. Get back to shooting. I had a couple shots shake me up real bad for awhile. Gotta keep after it.

Comment

Well, if you got shot in the shoulder with an arrow, how long would it take for an untreated wound to get infected? Not in a couple of days.
      It is just a shame. BTW, these kind of self revealing tragic stories are exactly the kind of ammo the antihunters look for and use against us. IMHO, if we shoot and don't recover, we don't need to blast it out on social media.
      You really do not know what you are talking about. I have seen deer shot through and through survive. Some of them on video. I know of one buck that has been shot three times by an Archer over the last two seasons. Unfortunate.....yes. Deer is still alive today. Everything is a shame these days for negative people. That’s why I provided the OP a positive response in my first post to him. So a few people post their losses. So what. It’s not like everyone is doing it. There are a whole bunch of positives here.

Comment

Wow, two dead bulls, most likely. Real shame.

Shut up man

Comment

You have kids, right? Would you tell them to quit? Heck no!!!!! The time for remorse and self loathing is over. Get out and shoot your bow. Go kill something. It’s truly painful to go through this but there is nothing more deadly than a humble hunter!

Comment

Wow, two dead bulls, most likely. Real shame.

Wow, you’re a piece of work. When is the last time you posted a kill on this site?? I don’t remember you posting anything but stirring the pot comments and being a POS. The guy posts a recap of his hunt and his experiences while coming up short and your first reaction is to talk crap and bash his honesty. Hunting isn’t perfect, it isn’t a sure thing, it isn’t guaranteed. It’s an imperfect venture where you do the best you can and live with the results.

Comment

It definitely happens and once you get past it, you end up being a better hunter because of it. Don’t drag your feet in shooting your bow again. Start with a small win and go from there.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                  You really do not know what you are talking about. I have seen deer shot through and through survive. Some of them on video. I know of one buck that has been shot three times by an Archer over the last two seasons. Unfortunate.....yes. Deer is still alive today. Everything is a shame these days for negative people. That’s why I provided the OP a positive response in my first post to him. So a few people post their losses. So what. It’s not like everyone is doing it. There are a whole bunch of positives here.
                  Listen, bro, my main point is we don't need to give the anti hunters more stories that they can quote from our own website. I mean, we'll never change their minds but they can use our owns words against us with the nonhunting crowd, which greatly outnumber us hunters. Reread the OP from a nonhunter perspective. The guy wounded and probably killed two mature bulls and surely that is a shame, you must agree with that.
                  Of course stuff happens and every arrow flung is not true, but we should not broadcast this to our foes. Talk with your hunting buddies, your wife, your shrink, whatever, but don't work for the anti hunters.
                  One more thing to think about. Since our society is becoming less and less outdoors type, which hunting sector do you think would be regulated out first, rifle, or archery? 20 years from now. Perception is Reality.
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-09-2021, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Listen, bro, my main point is we don't need to give the anti hunters more stories that they can quote from our own website. I mean, we'll never change their minds but they can use our owns words against us with the nonhunting crowd, which greatly outnumber us hunters. Reread the OP from a nonhunter perspective. The guy wounded and probably killed two mature bulls and surely that is a shame, you must agree with that.
                    Of course stuff happens and every arrow flung is not true, but we should not broadcast this to our foes. Talk with your hunting buddies, your wife, your shrink, whatever, but don't work for the anti hunters.
                    One more thing to think about. Since our society is becoming less and less outdoors type, which hunting sector do you think would be regulated out first, rifle, or archery? 20 years from now. Perception is Reality.
                    I disagree that two bulls died according to his original post. I do understand your stance against stories of wounded animals and anti-hunting crowds. I do not think we should climb in a hole and keep everything bottled up inside. That is basically what they......the anti hunters and Leftist actually want.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      Hell I don’t think you’ve posted a single **** animal yet.

Part of hunting is it doesn’t always work out. The OP isn’t exactly a rookie. And the elk shot high out of the vitals will probably live just fine.

I envy that tag brother. Get back to shooting. I had a couple shots shake me up real bad for awhile. Gotta keep after it.
                      Why you so worried about me posting kills? You mentioned this multiple times. Am I in your head that much? Where do I send the rent to live in your head, Red?

Comment

Why you so worried about me posting kills? You mentioned this multiple times. Am I in your head that much? Where do I send the rent to live in your head, Red?
                        haha....where are you from? are you really here?

You probably won't flap your gums to "red" when you are in front of him...haha
                        Last edited by Tom; 10-09-2021, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Get your bow and shoot some targets! Misses happen, so is the life of an archer.

Comment

You in my head? Lmao. No. I think you’re a gigantic dumbass and I like talking **** to you. Does that pretty well sum it up? I think you’re a liar and have mental issues from what you post.

Comment

Last year i saw a Whitetail get a broadhead broke off in the shoulder in october and get killed with a rifle 2 months later in December. The deer was fine and made a full recovery. Still had the broadhead and some arrow under the skin in the shoulder. Those Elk will most likely be just fine.

OP it happens to all of us. Ive made a bad shot on a WT, ducked my arrow and luckily i hit spine and he died quick but it could have been worse.

Keep your head up and keep at it.

Comment

Good lord lol.. I hadnt checked this thread since like post #8.. It got a little rough.. Update I still havent shot my bow since wounding the second bull. That said I will probably be ordering a new bow in the next week or so and I am going to start shooting INDOOR>> I ****ING Hate indoor.. Time to put in the work.. Also.. I am 100% just trying to get my 7 year old twins whitetail this year so not real worried about deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X