Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone verify if this is spider bite???(graphic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effected area is rough the size of a dime. The blister is rough the size of a pea. Raised about 1/8”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just got to the pharmacy and of course they were closed. Just gonna do a bandage with silver tonight. Pharmacy opens at 10 AM

Comment

Squeeze that thing till nothing comes out but blood

Comment

Don't look like a spider bite. and like someone else posted especially one that is a week old. There's no puncture site. That looks more like an internal skin issue, but it sure looks infected. If it was me, I'd drain it and I would not cover it. Drying out is the best thing for it right now. If it is painful, just open it and clean it as best you can and leave it open to drain further. If it is not overly painful, I'd squeeze the crap out of it to see if it has a core or maybe that ingrown hair you referred to...

Comment

Should be hot.. expanding rings.. from my experience..
            If you remotely think its a brown recluse.. get on antibiotics asap.. time is of the essence.

Comment

Go to Cracker Barrel, they have a section in their gift shop where they sell old Watkins products.

Pick up a can of Petro-Carbo Salve

Put in on a bandage and it will be good to go in a day or two.

Click image for larger version

Name:	watkins salve.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	24657657

Comment

I dont know what the correct answer is but I know I woulda drained that suckered as soon as it blistered. It's some kinda obsessive compulsive thing I got! I can't leave em alone.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

New nipple!!

Honestly doesn’t look like a spider. Is it getting bigger? Circle with a marker if you don’t go in so you can see if it grows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                    You think I should drain?

I’m not a medical professional—not in the least—it’s just that I can’t see a blister and not pop it.

Comment

Reminds me of the old blister bug bites I got as a kid. Yours looks infected though. Good luck.

Comment

If you do drain it keep it clean an covered in case it is staph you don’t want in spreading on you or anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBear78 View Post
                          If you do drain it keep it clean an covered in case it is staph you don’t want in spreading on you or anything else.

I never had an open wound there. Isn’t a wound needed to become staph

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                            I never had an open wound there. Isn’t a wound needed to become staph

Not necessarily true. I had got staph in an area that didn’t have an open wound .

Comment

No, infected pore, ingrown hair, bug bite ect. Anything can become infected, staph

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                                Better not drain, resident expert on here said never drain a blister….even if the doctor says to drain it!
                                That’s for a burn, moron…

Comment

Working...
                                X