2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
    My sense as well. He is good in that he allows Hamilton to be the showpiece without too much butt hurt but no doubt in my mind he wants points. I think it could be good to get out of his shadow at a new team and maybe he can find his mojo.

I agree with you 100%!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm thinking Hamilton will be around 2 or 3 more seasons as he has many other interests. George Russell will step up to Mercedes by all indicators. Why wouldn't Valterri stick around? I would. A premier team, being paid royally, they will be contenders for another decade. I know he is a Top 5 driver but throwing the baby out with the bathwater because you are a role player ain't a bad gig. Heck, I would ride the bench (pitwall) to be a part of that Silver Arrow Team![emoji1018]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Did yall see Bennitto got canned as the principal at Ferrari??? [emoji33]
        Also, another shakeup at Williams! The 1st quarter adjustments are BIG but neither of those I saw coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          I'm thinking Hamilton will be around 2 or 3 more seasons as he has many other interests. George Russell will step up to Mercedes by all indicators. Why wouldn't Valterri stick around? I would. A premier team, being paid royally, they will be contenders for another decade. I know he is a Top 5 driver but throwing the baby out with the bathwater because you are a role player ain't a bad gig. Heck, I would ride the bench (pitwall) to be a part of that Silver Arrow Team![emoji1018]

I agree that we will see George Russell at Mercedes after Lewis leaves.

Comment

Did yall see Bennitto got canned as the principal at Ferrari??? [emoji33]
            Also, another shakeup at Williams! The 1st quarter adjustments are BIG but neither of those I saw coming.

I read about the shake up at Williams, but the Bennitto story is news to me. Do you have a link? I didn’t see anything on the couple of F1 news sites I frequent.

Comment

To be truthful, I feel sorry for Williams and Haas- all four cars seem to be stacked together at the bottom of the pack minus the DNFr's.
              They might not finish there, but back of the pack is where they seem to always be.

FWIW, I haven't been following long, just an observation from someone trying to wrap his head around what he's watching- besides fast cars going fastly .

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
                  I read about the shake up at Williams, but the Bennitto story is news to me. Do you have a link? I didn’t see anything on the couple of F1 news sites I frequent.
                  Heck!!!! I don't see nothing.[emoji848] Just a bunch of old speculation stories about his future....but nothing this week. I have no idea where I saw it but it came across my phone. I could have misread it as it seemed strange news since they are running better.

Comment

Heck!!!! I don't see nothing.[emoji848] Just a bunch of old speculation stories about his future....but nothing this week. I have no idea where I saw it but it came across my phone. I could have misread it as it seemed strange news since they are running better.

I think that was a fake story that made the rounds a couple of months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Grosjean looking to test for Mercedes is a little different. I guess the move with Russell isn't as locked as people originally thought it might be.

Comment

Looks like Magnussen found himself a ride for this weekend https://racer.com/2021/06/16/magnuss...-road-america/

Comment

I started listening to an F1 podcast (Shift F1) a couple months ago, and so far seems to be pretty good. It comes out on Wednesdays, and they’ll do a pre-race overview the week before, and a post race break down the week after. They also cover a little bit of IndyCar and other series (which I mostly fast forward through).

Always less than an hour and great information.

Every once in a while I’ll listen to Formula 1’s own podcast - Beyond The Grid. Sometimes they have interesting interviews. A couple weeks ago they had Yuki Tsunoda and it was a good listen. I really like him.

Anybody have any other F1 podcasts / YouTube channels that are worth checking out?

Comment

Verstappen quickest in Free Practice 2, followed by Bottas. Very interesting that Hamilton and Bottas swapped chassis for this race, and now Bottas is quicker…. I know that the chassis should be identical, but I’m not so sure in this case. It will be interesting to Hamilton’s progress over the weekend.

Comment

I enjoyed it also. Bottas has some amazing P times and even Q times......then crap tends to hit him. Tomorrow will be another level however and hopefully he holds serve.[emoji106]
                              I'm on the direct from F1 app and web pages. I will see if I can check out one u mentioned. [emoji817]

Comment

Binotto is stepping away per the attached article. they don't say when, but it has been planned since March.

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto will be watching races in the garage from now on, with a new head of strategy in place at the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X