Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The General View Post
    GarGuy,
    I'm sorry, I did not mean to hint that I didn't believe your stories of past hunts. That is definitely not the case. They certainly have had me on the edge of my seat and I've enjoyed learning from them. I think plenty of folks, myself included, learned several lessons on going after pressured bucks. Didn't mean to step on any toes with the last post- I really enjoy all your threads
    I could be wrong, but I don't think he was referring to you

GarGuy, thanks for the stories...I've looked forward to every one of them

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
      GarGuy,
      I'm sorry, I did not mean to hint that I didn't believe your stories of past hunts. That is definitely not the case. They certainly have had me on the edge of my seat and I've enjoyed learning from them. I think plenty of folks, myself included, learned several lessons on going after pressured bucks. Didn't mean to step on any toes with the last post- I really enjoy all your threads
      You didn't offend me in any way.

Comment

Must have MORE stories or tips/tricks...

Comment

I have enjoyed every story. Trying to use your experiences to try and finally get a shot at a split brow 12 point that I have on camera for the past 3 seasons. Night time pictures only in a small oak flat in the middle of pine plantation.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            All these stories, while entertaining, were intended to shed light on hunting pressured deer and show how easily they can be patterned. Most people whine about nocturnal deer at their feeders and loose sight of the fact that the deer is SOMEWHERE in daylight. When you figure out where, he is the most patternable he will ever be although difficult to hunt.

If folks think these stories are manufactured, they have no educational value and thus add no value to the forum. No reason to waste my time writing them.
            These stories have been equally entertaining and informative. I'm hunting the thick stuff this year because of what I learned in this thread. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Awesome thread!

Comment

It's taken me a few days, but's it's all read. Great stories. Couldn't stop thinking about my lease and how I see very few deer after the chorus of gun shots on opening day in Nov. I will try your tips late this season if my Oct strategy fails. I only have 80 acres, so hopefully a few pockets will hold a biggun.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

These old rambling bucks are about to start feeling the pressure a little bit. Come on guys....bust those East tx bucks out of their patterns! They are feeling wayyyyyyyyy to confident in strolling around right now. LOL

Comment

Had one watch me roll by a little past noon last Sun. Standing within 50yds of our gate. I used that whole "if I don't tap the brakes, maybe he'll think I didn't see him" approach.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                          Had one watch me roll by a little past noon last Sun. Standing within 50yds of our gate. I used that whole "if I don't tap the brakes, maybe he'll think I didn't see him" approach.
                          LOL! he was watching your brake lights!

Comment

Thanks for sharing your stories GarGuy! I just read this entire thread & enjoyed every bit of it. I'm sure my boss won't appreciate it though

Comment

Wow that is some awesome stories you have there garguy

Hopefully will have some new ones....soon

Comment

This has to be in my top 5 all time best thread category!! Every time it pops up I read a few more stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X