Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amistad?

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Looks like it was maybe skinned and quartered? 3 carcasses, peeps been busy! Then again I talked to a guy last year at the boat ramp, said he and his buddy shot and drew blood from 6 bucks that week and recovered zero. Told me all about shooting one running, a 65 yard shot, shot through brush, blah blah blah. Thought he was full of poo til I went back and walked through where he told me he was hunting while on the way to my normal area and sure enough blood trails and orange tape everywhere. I didn't see a single deer in that whole unit for the 3 days I could tolerate until moving to a different unit.
    Yep heard a bunch of stories similar to that .! A lot won’t try to recover the animal if it doesn’t go down right away or not give it enough time to expire.! On The carcasses I found if they had skinned and picked out the would have also had to have debone all the meat cause the bones were all there legs,head and the head has to travel with the met to show proof of sex but u never know how other people think..!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VictorG830; 10-09-2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Ah well, I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but yeah not a lot of people go full out debone on a deer in Texas.

Comment

So what's the good word? I won't make it out until mid-November with projects and work schedule. This weather is SO nice though, Amistad is etching it's way into my skull with every passing day.

Comment

I’m heading out there this weekend from New Braunfels, will be the first I have hunted at amistad. What area is best for sheep? I’m use to hunting out west so don’t mind covering lots of country. Thanks for the help

Comment

^^^^^. Area 5 is where the Mouflon are located... I have not been on area 5 this year but did sit and scope it the other day. I did not see much movement but cover is thicker than normal due to the rain... Not sure if it's the cover or if hunting pressure has temporarily moved the sheep of the hunt area...

Comment

Appreciate the info?

Comment

!

Comment

We’ve gone every Sunday, only one day did we have some action on a ram but it spotted us before we saw it and was gone with the wind .!!! Make sure you take water resistant boots the grass is waist high and and super wet .!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
                    I’m heading out there this weekend from New Braunfels, will be the first I have hunted at amistad. What area is best for sheep? I’m use to hunting out west so don’t mind covering lots of country. Thanks for the help
                    There's not really a lot of country to cover, especially if you've done any Western hunting. Surprising how quickly you can cover entire units.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Anything moving? I'm up here for a few days.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                          Anything moving? I'm up here for a few days.

Didn’t go hunt out there last week but took the boat out Saturday for some fishing And scouting the areas , gonna do the same thing this weekend but hopefully I make it out Sunday morning..!!!

Comment

Saw six does this am. Stalked one, but no shot. Walked up to within 20 yards of another hunter. He was on his phone and didn't see me. I let him walk.

Comment

Lol nice of you to pass on him. Needed another year?

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                                Saw six does this am. Stalked one, but no shot. Walked up to within 20 yards of another hunter. He was on his phone and didn't see me. I let him walk.

I’ve done the same thing walked right up on a hunter on his phone dropped back and went around he never saw me , musta been editing his sunrise picture..!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X