No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunted on my place in young county Weds & Thurs. Did ok. Shot 5 with the 410 on Weds. Could have shot limit with the big gun. Had to let a few go,because they didn't work in close enough. Thurs, got 2. They went into my neighbors pond. I did see more birds on the ponds coming & going. Not like normal,but better than it was.

Comment

Getting poor reports from our place near Nada. We're headed out in the morning regardless, but we absolutely need some freezing weather to get some new ducks down here.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        Hunted on my place in young county Weds & Thurs. Did ok. Shot 5 with the 410 on Weds. Could have shot limit with the big gun. Had to let a few go,because they didn't work in close enough. Thurs, got 2. They went into my neighbors pond. I did see more birds on the ponds coming & going. Not like normal,but better than it was.
        Good to know. Thanks Dave.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          Getting poor reports from our place near Nada. We're headed out in the morning regardless, but we absolutely need some freezing weather to get some new ducks down here.
          Same here for the places we hunt east of houston and from a couple guides.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
            I'm going to shoot me some coots this next time and see if they're good or bad. They are plant eaters so there's probably no mud bug taste.
            They actually eat good. And save the gizzards. Fresh pan fried Pouldeau Gizzards and Pouldeau gizzard gumbeaux!

I also named my pup Pouldeaux.

Comment

Ended with 5, 3 teal and 2 ringnecks. Hopefully this little front tomorrow brings some birds down.

Comment

Got to sneak out before work this morning with some buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post

Arn't ya supposed to pluckem before puttem on the grill?

In all seriousness, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                    That there'll eat. Congrats. I have yet to see a mallard this season.

Comment

Saw a fight at the boat ramp should be an interesting 2nd split good luck everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
                        Saw a fight at the boat ramp should be an interesting 2nd split good luck everyone
                        Any video? Lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Post video of the fight! Lol

6 tap real down so far this morning. Kind of slow. All pairs coming in.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Big 0 in Rock Island this morning. Some of our other groups did really well though.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
                              Video or it didn't happen

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

So how everyone do?
                                I had a feed set up shop about 1/4 mile away and it was game over

Comment

Working...
                                X