2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
    Anybody on here been drawn for the Richland chambers trinity unit duck hunt? That’s the south unit, got drawn for January 7-8. Any insight would be great on what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Buddy of mine drew that hunt. He's taking his decoys and mine.

I'm sittin on 5 or 6 dozen

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
      Should keep it at 6 straps so there won't be any confusion. Other than that, it looks awesome. Need to make myself one

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
      It's for the coots

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm going to shoot me some coots this next time and see if they're good or bad. They are plant eaters so there's probably no mud bug taste.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
          I'm going to shoot me some coots this next time and see if they're good or bad.
          Taste just as good as any duck if you can cook them. Definitely not as bad as a ringneck

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
            I'm going to shoot me some coots this next time and see if they're good or bad. They are plant eaters so there's probably no mud bug taste.
            I've used them in a gumbo. Blake has a great recipe for them.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I am seeing 1-2 groups a day while out fishing the Aransas Pass area. If I go outside St Joes maybe a few more. I was expecting a lot more ducks in the area. It is my first year in the area and have not grabbed the blocks yet. Not enough for me to even put effort into it yet. Is it usually Christmas before things get going around Rockport

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                I am seeing 1-2 groups a day while out fishing the Aransas Pass area. If I go outside St Joes maybe a few more. I was expecting a lot more ducks in the area. It is my first year in the area and have not grabbed the blocks yet. Not enough for me to even put effort into it yet. Is it usually Christmas before things get going around Rockport

Nope it’s been rough down there this season. Should of already been seeing big rafts of birds, no cold weather up north means no reason for the ducks to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Buddy of mine drew that hunt. He's taking his decoys and mine.

I'm sittin on 5 or 6 dozen

He drew the Carl fentress north unit that’s broken into compartments and fields, or the south unit? Not looking like a lot of water for the south unit holes, looks like a lot of flooded timber.

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                    He drew the Carl fentress north unit that’s broken into compartments and fields, or the south unit? Not looking like a lot of water for the south unit holes, looks like a lot of flooded timber.

Not sure really. He's been there before. I've drove it but not hunted it

Comment

I have an uncle j 18/60 with a stage 2 35 gtr for sale pm me if interested

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
                        I have an uncle j 18/60 with a stage 2 35 gtr for sale pm me if interested
                        One of these days I will have Jason build me a boat! Finally found a motor, hopefully in the next few weeks my old rig is back up and running!

You selling to go bigger?

Comment

These were at the Burleson Academy last night. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211209_155259.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	24670537Click image for larger version

Name:	20211209_155305.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	24670538

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

5 minutes to shooting time. Its 70 degrees and the mosquitos are out. Let's see how this goes

Comment

Hopefully this warm front doesn't mess it up. Had a bunch of birds sitting in my spot last weekend and did not hunt. Hoping they are still coming in tomorrow am.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                                5 minutes to shooting time. Its 70 degrees and the mosquitos are out. Let's see how this goes
                                Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X