Aggresive ostrich!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aggresive ostrich!!!!

So we bought 5 ostriches because kids wanted a few for "eggs" BAD IDEA... i have a fence guy coming out in 6 week to make a special 5 acre pen for them. in the meantime how do you deal with the aggressive males??? This thing attacked me and cut me pretty good on my arm! day away from burgers... but they were not cheap and i wanted to keep one male for breeding the females... thx! Scott

Want to borrow my .375H&H? Seriously, be careful. They can do a lot of damage.

Comment

We had an aggressive female follow us around in Africa for awhile (with male in tow behind her). My PH kept throwing sticks and rocks at her until she finally lost interest, but I had my .375 ready in case she came at us.

The only good use for ostrich I know of is boot leather and feathers for burlesque dancers in New Orleans; both of which I fully support.

Comment

Never met anyone who owned one.
        Trade for emus maybe?
        Or convince the kids to pick out a less dangerous pet and sell them

Comment

They are very good to eat.

Comment

Yes, emus were the right choice. Lol.
            Sorry, no help here

Comment

I got pigeons when I was a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In for the fun

No help from me other than sell that male and buy another?

Comment

Shoot them all, turn into burger and steaks, sell meat to hipsters, and with the money, buy emu's. My aunt had emu's, they were awesome. If that thing is willing to attack you, what happens if your kids, or even worse, their friends wander into the pen? I would bet if it was a dog, it may have been neutralized pretty shortly after the attack.

Comment

This is a first for me of hearing of ostriches for pets for kids. Nothing wrong with it just different. I don’t have anything to offer on taming them down either.

Comment

How are you going to find the eggs on 5 acres?

Comment

Ostriches are insane, get rid of them before one of your kids gets hurt.

Comment

I would take those birds down. Replace with chickens. Save yourself the cost of fencing the 5 acres. No harm and giving it a go with those big birds, but it doesn't seem to be working out. The kids will get over it.

Comment

we have some wild emu's in my area and they are not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
                              I would take those birds down. Replace with chickens. Save yourself the cost of fencing the 5 acres. No harm and giving it a go with those big birds, but it doesn't seem to be working out. The kids will get over it.
                              I couldn’t find a nice way to say this with out sounding like an ***

Comment

Working...
                              X