What rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What rings?

I just bought a River American Predator .308. I plan on putting a Leupold VX3-HD 4.5-14x50 on it. What are the best rings to use and what height should I buy? I’d like for my scope to mounted as low as possible without touching the barrel. Any help is much appreciated…thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

American Rifle Company M10 rings, best out there. Looks like they came out with some new ones too (m-brace). Height, I’m not so great with. . . I bet you could go lows or xtra lows

Comment

I’d look for rings in the .90-.92” height range. You might be able to get away with .88s, but they won’t leave very much if any clearance. Most likely you’ll have issues between the tube and the far end of the rail before the objective and barrel.

Comment

Rock solid and holds perfect zero. It's all I use where possible on rifles with Picatinny rail. I also use weaver style bases on bolt guns with these rings.

Comment

Probably the mid height Leopold rings. The ones made of steel that are $60 at academy. I am pretty sure the mids will work with a 50 mil bell, may have to go with highs though. I just bought the same gun and wanted the same end result. I got the mids and my scope has a smaller bell, but I think there is enough room for a 50. Good luck

Comment

Seekins or Hawkins would work well. Saying the "best" is subjective these days with so many good options. I've used .885 and still cleared with larger barrel profile.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              https://www.burrisoptics.com/ar-p.e.p.r.-scope-mount
              Rock solid and holds perfect zero. It's all I use where possible on rifles with Picatinny rail. I also use weaver style bases on bolt guns with these rings.
              You will not get a proper cheek weld with this. These are not designed for a bolt action.

Lowest possible is best.

Seekins. Warne. Vortex(seekins). Are your best bet on a budget.

Comment

Thanks for so many replies! I bought the gun and scope online from Cabela’s and will pick them up in the next day or two. If I buy rings when I pick them up, will they mount the scope and bores alright it for me there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  You will not get a proper cheek weld with this. These are not designed for a bolt action.

Lowest possible is best.

Seekins. Warne. Vortex(seekins). Are your best bet on a budget.
                  Not true for the bolt guns I use it on. All of mine that I switch optics on have adjustable combs or cheek piece. Bergara HMR and Savage Axis II Precision.

Comment

I’ve used Leupold Mark 4 rings in multiple heights on multiple weapons. Very solid rings.

Comment

What rings?

Not true for the bolt guns I use it on. All of mine that I switch optics on have adjustable combs or cheek piece. Bergara HMR and Savage Axis II Precision.

Regardless if it works or not, why would put an AR mount on a bolt gun when there are tons of better options out there? I bet that thing looks ridiculous on a bolt gun. They make one-piece QD mounts for bolt guns if that’s why you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                        Regardless if it works or not, why would put an AR mount on a bolt gun when there are tons of better options out there? I bet that thing looks ridiculous on a bolt gun. They make one-piece QD mounts for bolt guns if that’s why you like it.
                        A weaver base is NOT an AR mount. Geez!
                        No different than having any one piece base except for the slots. I could care less what they look like or what anybody else thinks. My guns are tools and I set them up to do a job and do it with as much perfection and flexibility as I am capable of.

Comment

A weaver base is NOT an AR mount. Geez!
                          No different than having any one piece base except for the slots. I could care less what they look like or what anybody else thinks. My guns are tools and I set them up to do a job and do it with as much perfection and flexibility as I am capable of.

I’m referring to the Burris PEPR. I know what a weaver base is. Lol

By one piece mount, I meant a similar design to the Burris mount, just something that is a lower height designed for bolt guns. Not necessarily one that attaches straight to the receiver.

My guns are tools too. I just want the right tool for the job.

Comment

I’ve seen your adjustable cheek pieces. I stand 110% by my statement lol

Comment

I still like the Talley one piece.

Comment

Working...
                              X