No announcement yet.

Amber Guyger indicted for murder? Wow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spend a morning in the Dallas Jury Pool and you will see how this could happen. All specualtion until all evedince is put forward.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I still can't even imagine - being in your home and just shot ...

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        I still can't even imagine - being in your home and just shot ...
        Me neither. Couldn't imagine making that mistake either. I would probably off myself before showing up to trial.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
          Oh and I forgot,
          Those apartments have electronic door locks that take datetime stamps of when a e-Key tries to open it
          I read this too. The article below explains it better with a video.

But you would also have to think that Amber knew all of this, and knew that it would make her story look sketchy if she tried to say the door was already open or that she had a master key to the complex.

So, how did she get into somebody else's apartment? Maybe she had a key to his apartment.......

Comment

Maybe the family testified they were an estranged couple of that she had been stikg or harassing their son.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
              To play on the emotions is the only explaination. "Oh, my boy was a good boy," in order to get the murder indictment.

A lot of my friends are defense attorneys in Dallas County and say it is one political screw up.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Only difference is in this case you have the Chairman from one of the country's top accounting firms gave the eulogy at this guys funeral and he said the same thing.
              This guy wasn't a dindu nuffin.

And sorry your DA friends are slackers but maybe it was politicized when instead of arresting the LEO for killing someone in their own home for no reason they secure a search warrant for HIS apartment to look for drugs and a toxicology report ON HIM as if he walked into HER apartment.

You have to admit that blue line steadily working to protect their own.

Comment

Only difference is in this case you have the Chairman from one of the country's top accounting firms gave the eulogy at this guys funeral and he said the same thing.
                This guy wasn't a dindu nuffin.

And sorry your DA friends are slackers but maybe it was politicized when instead of arresting the LEO for killing someone in their own home for no reason they secure a search warrant for HIS apartment to look for drugs and a toxicology report ON HIM as if he walked into HER apartment.

Ok

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                  I read this too. The article below explains it better with a video.

But you would also have to think that Amber knew all of this, and knew that it would make her story look sketchy if she tried to say the door was already open or that she had a master key to the complex.

So, how did she get into somebody else's apartment? Maybe she had a key to his apartment.......

I can't see for what reason a cop would need a master key for. The cop would need a search warrant before going into any apartment in the first place.

I can see maintenance needing a master key but then even they need a special reason to enter apartments.

Such a horrible thing this guy died but this is making a great docudrama script.

We're waiting on the electronic door lock data and also her toxicology report (was she drunk or high? Or BOTH?)

Where was she standing when she fired the shots?
                  How far passed the threshold was she when she fired?
                  Where exactly was he standing?
                  Was his tv on when she walked in the apartment?
                  Is his tv in the same exact position as her tv?
                  Because the tv will light up the room.
                  I hope that she had a tv in her house.
                  But then again why would a burglar be in your house watching tv?

Did she have potpurri in her house?
                  My wife keeps it in ours so when you walk in it smells like roses or something.
                  Did Jean's house smell like Guyger's house?
                  Or was he sitting on his couch burning a joint so she could obviously tell that by the smell it wasn't her house?

The facts are she walked into someone else's house,
                  Killed him in cold blood
                  So now the question is for sentencing
                  Should she get:
                  Probation only?
                  3 years?
                  10 years?
                  30 years?
                  Life?

Should the fact that she is LEO be factored into this?
                  If so, why?

Comment

If so, why?
                    Well I think being a cop hurts her in this case. A cop is trained to pay attention to details. No way she went to the wrong apartment. How many times since living there did she go to the wrong apartment? No way she didn't see dat big red rug. I don't think she had a master key, I think she had one of his keys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Someone may have been pitchin woo, then retracted it.

Comment

I'm going to bet it wasn't a random happening.

Comment

Wasnt there pot pretty much out in the open in his apartment? Could explain the search warrant. And the cops did call in the Texas Rangers.

Below is a video showing the inside of his apartment. There are a bunch more online, that can answer most of your questions.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mb6EHNnpEA"]Inside the Home Where Botham Jean Was Fatally Shot by Cop - YouTube[/ame]

I think it was a bad shooting. I just dont see how she got inside accidentally. She may have just knocked and he let her in.

She just looks crazy to me, like a smaller, crazier Tonya Harding.

Comment

I can't see for what reason a cop would need a master key for. The cop would need a search warrant before going into any apartment in the first place.

I can see maintenance needing a master key but then even they need a special reason to enter apartments.

Such a horrible thing this guy died but this is making a great docudrama script.

We're waiting on the electronic door lock data and also her toxicology report (was she drunk or high? Or BOTH?)

Where was she standing when she fired the shots?
                            How far passed the threshold was she when she fired?
                            Where exactly was he standing?
                            Was his tv on when she walked in the apartment?
                            Is his tv in the same exact position as her tv?
                            Because the tv will light up the room.
                            I hope that she had a tv in her house.

Did she have potpurri in her house?
                            My wife keeps it in ours so when you walk in it smells like roses or something.
                            Did Jean's house smell like Guyger's house?
                            Or was he sitting on his couch burning a joint so she could obviously tell that by the smell it wasn't her house?

The facts are she walked into someone else's house,
                            Killed him in cold blood
                            So now the question is for sentencing
                            Should she get:
                            Probation only?
                            3 years?
                            10 years?
                            30 years?
                            Life?

If so, why?

It's very interesting the things a burglar will do while in your house. I've investigated where:

1. The burglar took a dump in the master bath toliet.

2. The burglar made a sandwich.

3. The burglar helped himself to the liqour cabinet.

4. The burglar sat down in front of the TV and fell asleep and was found on the sofa.

5. There are many more, but probably the best was when the burglar called me and asked if I was looking for anything special. I was working undercover in the narcotics unit and the burglar was a small time dope dealer. He had broken into a house and was calling people and "making a shopping list" of things to steal.

As for a master key, many moons ago, while working as a courtesy officer at several apartment complexes, they provided me with a master key to all apartments. Basically people would get locked out at 2am and I would have to get out of bed and let them in. It usually got really expensive if you locked yourself out more than once.

So, yeah its all strange. But I always like to see things played out in court because I bet there are things that have not come to light as of yet.

Last edited by DFWPI; 12-04-2018, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I heard the DA interviewed on the radio yesterday. She said murder is defined as:
                              "intentionally or knowingly causing the death of an individual". Whether or not she thought he was in her apartment, she intentionally caused his death. (not negligence, reckless behavior or an accident) The penal code also says this:
                              "At the punishment stage of a trial, the defendant may raise the issue as to whether he caused the death under the immediate influence of sudden passion arising from an adequate cause. If the defendant proves the issue in the affirmative by a preponderance of the evidence, the offense is a felony of the second degree."

Comment

I don't really care if its murder or manslaughter, I am not a layer and do not know the differences in the charges or how the trail will go if they over reach on murder charges. If she went there thinking it was her house I don't see murder, but I always thought there had to be more to the story than a bad mix up.

Why did she shoot him even if she thought it was her house? He was unarmed. I know things happen fast, but if the door was ajar like she said, she probably already had her gun drawn. Why shoot him? She is standing in the door way/hall with a gun on him. Just doesn't make sense to me.

She was wrong and her actions killed a man and she should pay for that, now what payment is right I guess the trail will tell.
                                Last edited by Killer; 12-04-2018, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X