Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanchez luck continues this season! Big 8!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanchez luck continues this season! Big 8!

Some of you probably saw my previous thread of my boys having a phenomenal season and me enjoying being the guide for them...

Well I was able to get behind the rifle this week and play on about 80,000 acres of beautiful Texas country. A good friend who is an outfitter had seen this buck in pronghorn season and called me telling me I needed to get up there during WT season. The dates worked out and I was able to get north. No feeders or stands on the entire place so we drove, glassed, and drove some more. On day 5, mid day, at 2:45 to be exact the big 8 was spotted pushing a 6 point out of his area. A mule deer hunter saw him drop into a dry creek bed and the search was on. We were able to locate him bedded down in a shady spot with some tall grass... all we could see was his face and the top of his antlers. We were able to sneak into 190 yds from him and I let the 300PRC rip. The frontal shot connected but much to my surprise he jumped up and ran directly away from us. I chambered another round and let it rip again, this time connecting on the left ham and breaking his leg.... he still ran out of our view. We gave it a few minutes and went and found blood.... it looked like a massacre, blood everywhere. We tracked blood for about 250 yards and still no buck. I began to worry... at about 275 yds I look up and see movement in some tall grass... there laid the old warrior taking his last breaths.

He is 22.75" wide and scores 142.5" as he sits with about 2.5" of brow tine missing. Check out the booner tail on him!

It was an incredible adventure and we roughed it a little. It made me appreciate this buck even more.

Blessed more than I deserve. Below are pics of my buck and also my kiddos deer this season.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Deer Tamales; 12-03-2021, 12:26 PM.

heck yea man, that is a good season all around. Congrats to all yall!!

Comment

Saaweeeeet!! Your on a roll this year mi amigo. Congrats on a stud 8

Comment

Great old warrior there, and the pictures of the young men are priceless!

Comment

Great buck.... I love hunting that wide open country!!!!!
          Nothing compares..

Comment

Congrats on a great season.

Rwc

Comment

Congrats on an awesome season with the family.

Comment

Congratulations on your 8! Those boy's expressions are priceless.

Comment

Sounds like an awesome hunt! That's one tough deer taking two rounds from a 300 PRC. I enjoyed reading that and awesome pics too, looks like yall had a great year!

Comment

Congrats. That looks like an awasome experience.

Comment

Great buck, congrats

Comment

Very nice buck, congrats

Comment

That is great!!! Congrats!!!!

Comment

Nice 8!!!!!! Big congrats.

Comment

Perfect. Congrats to all!

Comment

Working...