Deadly protein pen incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SBESTX View Post
    That it was an unfortunate event. We've discussed it several times. It can't happen again and we need to make sure we resolve the pen issue.
    You’re in Llano Cnty right? Pm the landowners name of you don’t mind

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
      Just curious. I don’t know anything about cattle. How much money y’all talking about?
      Waygu beef probably 10k if it’s been fed out

Comment

That’s crazy! I think I’ll be adding a stout top rail to my pen and or a stand or 2 of barb wire.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          My boss’s make the hunters carry $5,000,000 In Accident insurance And a umbrella policy
          Don’t skimp on some cruddy group policy
          “ fast pay makes fast friends when dealing with a loss to a owner “

Smart man.

Comment

That’s different, for sure.

If cows are on that terrible of range, it’d be hard to keep them out of anything if they could smell that grain.

Comment

I think some cows just are problems... We had 8 years with cows and never once put up a pen (corn feeders) never had anything broken nothing...

Then a few years no cows, now we have cows again and these have broken every trail camera and 2 feeders

The only way I could see to fix this is full size cattle panels and a HUGE feed pen... Like 100 yards across maybe

Comment

Never in a million years would i think that would happen. We have 36 inch panels... make the pens large enough so the protein is not close to the out side and with two strands on the top, the top being about 46-48 inches. But we still occasionally have a jumper than can clear it and it not bother them.
                Last edited by j.trevor123; 09-15-2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

My pen is about 2 plus times the size of what the one looks in the photo. Without barb wire its just to easy for them to push it over
                  Last edited by j.trevor123; 09-15-2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    Waygu beef probably 10k if it’s been fed out
                    10k per head or for all 5?

I always read how expensive a Waygu steak is.

Comment

Deadly protein pen incident

As you can see from time stamp the photo is from bout 10 minutes ago. This is Rachel and I named her that from the voice mail about Rachel you big white nasty bi$&h took me off the MF in schedule.....anyways you know. So this pen is 64' x 64' with hog panels, dead men at each corner barb wire at 6" and 12".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                        10k per head or for all 5?

I always read how expensive a Waygu steak is.
                        all 5

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                          As you can see from time stamp the photo is from bout 10 minutes ago. This is Rachel and I named her that from the voice mail about Rachel you big white nasty bi$&h took me off the MF in schedule.....anyways you know. So this pen is 64' x 64' with hog panels, dead men at each corner barb wire at 6" and 12".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          We had them pushing over our hog panels on 4 of the 5 pens we had. All our pens are round. Once they got the taste we couldn’t keep them out. We added the barb wire the second year and we see some bends in the panels but haven’t had a cow in there since.

Wonder what the difference is to them between round and square pens. You’ve got big pens too. Always wanted to try the cottonseed too but haven’t yet.

We do have a few Boone and Crockett coons though.

Comment

Ranch Mgr makes us build our panels 48”.

Comment

Sounds like the ranch isn’t supplementing his heard

Comment

Can an experienced cattleman weigh in on this? In my limited experience, cows with good grazing/food opportunities aren’t a problem for corn or protein feeders. We had to fence them out, but loose barb wire would work. There was always grass and the land owner took good care of the cattle and the land

Comment

Working...
                                X