Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callahan, Coleman, Jones, Fisher, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford...6th edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
    That fish looks heavier. Impressive.

Thanks! I thought he was too but that’s what our scales said .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Few more trail cam pics...velvet is beginning to come off!

Comment

Hogs hogs hogs - Nolan

Comment

the rancher on our lease said they had tons of birds until that big rain moved thru on Tuesday the 1st. Poured 3" out of the gauge near Moran. So the bird hunting was really slow but it let us get some work done and hit up the Beehive for the first time for dinner in a long time. Pulled trail cam pics and we definitely have a few we are excited about this year...
          Attached Files

Comment

We had a decent bit of volunteer grain and peas up already, but decided to go ahead and replant last night before the storm. We are over 3” so far and still raining. Hopefully will put some water in the tank.
            Attached Files

Comment

most of the counties in this thread are getting hammered today. Places in northern Callahan at 5" already with more on their way. Going to get 30% of annual rainfall in one day!

Comment

Got some wheat planted Sunday. Perfect timing, hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by TEX_hunt_AS View Post
                  Got some wheat planted Sunday. Perfect timing, hopefully.
                  Same here, all our wheat fields got planted this weekend. Just worried this may be too much of a good thing. But should definitely have the tanks overflowing and a really good deep moisture base...

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
                    Same here, all our wheat fields got planted this weekend. Just worried this may be too much of a good thing. But should definitely have the tanks overflowing and a really good deep moisture base...
                    I plowed, broadcast, and dragged it in for a food plot. The area is extremely sandy so I shouldn't have a runoff issue. Fist time doing this in this location and method. Curious how it will pan out.

Comment

Man you guys are doing plots early. Every time I did a plot this time of year it either got a rain, popped up and burnt up or the worms ate it.

I don’t plant till late Sept or early Oct now. Will be either be last weekend in Sept or first weekend in Oct this year depends on when I get back from elk hunt.

Comment

Ended up with 5.5" in the gauge in Baird today. Going to create alot of competition for the feeders for bow season, but will be insure another good nutritional foundation year for the wildlife.

Comment

Hubbard Creek in Shackelford is rockin. 6000cfs.

Comment

4.2 and raining now with more on the way north of Sweetwater. Man we needed this!

Comment

anyone have any rain reports from around Snyder?

Comment

Great news...we opted not to plant last weekend, given the issues we’ve had in the past with army worms.

Will plant next weekend and keep our fingers crossed.

Great pics and feedback, let’s keep this going!

Comment

Working...
                                X