Welding trailer setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welding trailer setup

I’m looking to get some feedback and pictures from folks who have their own setup.

I have a little 4x8 trailer with a 3500lb axle up under it that I’m looking to rig out for a welding trailer. This will be a work around the farm type of thing and not be used to make a living.

But anything worth doing is worth doing right!

So with that in mind I want to do it right the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make yourself a removable table for your chop saw/ work surface.

Comment

Pipes for bottles. Removable vise, table, cup holder

Comment

So far from all of my searching on the internet I think I like this setup the best.

Comment

I have mine on a Kubota rtv. Lots better maneuverability than a trailer. I put on an air compressor for mobile airing of tires. I can run my plasma cutter with this setup as well.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            I have mine on a Kubota rtv. Lots better maneuverability than a trailer. I put on an air compressor for mobile airing of tires. I can run my plasma cutter with this setup as well.

Getting a side by side dedicated for a welding setup is just not feasible for me. Prefer to have a trailer

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
              So far from all of my searching on the internet I think I like this setup the best.

I like that setup, but i think you'll want both bottles to lay down. deadlifting a bottle to change it is going to be a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by trailrider View Post
                I like that setup, but i think you'll want both bottles to lay down. deadlifting a bottle to change it is going to be a pain.

You can’t lay acetylene down, it has to be up at T least a certain angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  You can’t lay acetylene down, it has to be up at T least a certain angle.

Absolutely correct. You will want some sort of a gate to get bottles in and out. since you are going mobile the bottles need to be held securely.

Comment

This is the trailer I’ll be using. I’ll be taking the back gate off for sure.

Comment

Put yourself some receiver hitches welded on around the trailer and build things you can slide into them. Vise/chop saw, material holders. Leave part of the bottom open front to back to slide material under, maybe an overhead rack. Use something with a wide radius to hang your leads, and hoses on, don’t hang them on a peg or the insulation will rot and crack. I like a reel for air hose.

Comment

This is a trailer I helped a friend build. I don't have any finished pictures as it was stolen right after he got it painted. It had a material rack over it and a saw rack as well. A great trailer to work off of.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Turn the gate into your table.
                          Fab some hinges and the gate can flip up and pin in place when needed and flip down for transport.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad note, but in today's times, build it like Ft. Knox.
                            Equip it with a bullet proof hitch lock, wheel locks and extra security for the welder, bottles, contents. Etc.

Comment

I built mine for farm use

I put two small slide out tables on either side. My dad built the trailer about 25 years ago, I just modified it.

Comment

Working...
                              X