Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket is great! I don't see the need for rims/wheels on a smoker

Comment

Do you have a backyard model? I'm in the market for a new smoker.

Comment

Nice work Cuz!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Really nice pits, and obviously beautiful work! I'm curious why you don't do reverse flow?

Also, is the need to fold the stack down so they will fit in a garage?

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
          I agree with the reverse flow. Last two I built have been reverse flow and think it is the way to go!

He has and I assume still does if requested but his preference is traditional flow.

I don’t get it either!

Comment

Not a reserve flow fan, traditional with tuning plates works great and can have different heat zones.

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            He has and I assume still does if requested but his preference is traditional flow.

I don’t get it either!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

I don’t get it either!

I prefer traditional over reverse flow. Maybe it’s just me, but I like running different temps from end to end. That way I have a choice if I need to speed things up, or slow things down. It sure helps when you’re cooking different meats and need higher heat for one, but you don’t want that heat for the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those are sweet!!! Wow

My neighbor at the ranch made me this one. Looks good after the boys painted it. Cooks great to.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                  Not a reserve flow fan, traditional with tuning plates works great and can have different heat zones.

My thoughts exactly [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I build custom pits and trailers

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Really nice pits, and obviously beautiful work! I'm curious why you don't do reverse flow?

Also, is the need to fold the stack down so they will fit in a garage?
                      Yes Sir, we build reverse flow! These are just the last few that we've done. And yes, its so they can fit in garage / enclosed trailer

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      Brisket is great! I don't see the need for rims/wheels on a smoker
                      To each his own

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                      Do you have a backyard model? I'm in the market for a new smoker.
                      We sure do! We can make and do make just about what ever ya want!

We do build Reverse Flow, but personally I prefer traditional offset. After several years of cooking on a reverse flow i've found traditional offset produces a better quality product with a more defined smoke flavor. I'll post up some of the reverse flows we have done!

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

Comment

Here are a couple reverse flows / backyard units
                        Attached Files

Comment

Excellent work!!

Comment

Very nice work, I really like the patina look on some of those. Everybody paints pits black but to me that patina is beautiful.

Comment

Dang man, every time we head down Mambrino my wife gripes at me for rubbernecking at your shop. Keep the pics coming and I'm gonna grab one of these one day Can probably only swing for your most basic stick burner.

Comment

Nice. Looks like the economy is picking up.

Comment

Working...
                                X