Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do y’all think this plane is doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the pilot is trying his best etch-a-sketch radar version of a male copulatory organ with the attachments?

Comment

military the only way

Comment

Originally posted by TKC View Post
        Looks like the pilot is trying his best etch-a-sketch radar version of a male copulatory organ with the attachments?
        Hahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
          I am curious how you found the flight info?

I know they do that for aerial mapping, and they also take pictures like that for various counties, for property tax purposes. Guadalupe County has a plane that flies over every winter, to take pictures for property tax purposes. They won’t start doing that, till December or January. They want as many leaves off of the trees as possible when they are taking pictures to base your property taxes on. They want to see as much as possible.
          I would bet it’s aerial mapping for government purposes, since they are flying over a military base.
          ADS-b exchange app in App Store
          Or
          ADS-B Exchange - track aircraft live - aircraft flight history

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            Crop Duster
            No crop duster at 6k feet or a cessna 310

Comment

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
              I was stationed at Ft. Hood. They have 2 huge airports there, I am very surprised the Army let's someone fly so close to that base. We used to play some very serious war games on that post. In several games we had 3 branches of the military out there. F-16's were coming in dropping 500lb bomb's in one game. You would of thought it was the real deal.
              There is a restricted area on Hood proper. This plane is outside that area and you can get clearance to over fly Hood at 3500 feet most of the time.

Comment

Appears it’s flying

Comment

Whatever he/she is doing it is apparent by the straightness of those lines that he/she has not been drinking!!!

Comment

Originally posted by C.Read View Post
                    My best guess and I'm totally going out on a limb here but I think it's flying.
                    Finally

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

training flights

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        Whatever he/she is doing it is apparent by the straightness of those lines that he/she has not been drinking!!!
                        Beat me to it. I was going to reply “some dang nice flying” to the op. I’ll add, he/she knows what they’re doing and Ft. Hood is well aware.

Comment

I would tell you But, then I would have to kill ya

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                            I would tell you But, then I would have to kill ya

Comment

A few years ago, I protested my property tax.
                              Williamson county whipped out some photos of my property to justify their evaluation.
                              The photos were very high resolution (you could tell which cow patties were old and which were fresh) and from 4 different angles.
                              They told me that they hire someone to fly a grid (hence the angles) over the entire county and take these pictures.

Comment

Could be Spraying to kill cactus.. they did that a couple years ago on our lease. Landowner called us and asked us not to go down to the lease the week they were spraying.

Comment

Working...
                                X