• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome post. I’m in the woods with my 30-30 now

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
      HOw are BLRs for accuracy?
      I have a 270 wsm and the first kill was a coyote at 356 yds, they are accurate enough I would say. Took my 2nd shiras moose with the 270wsm BLR.

Love my .41 mag Henry for hogs too.

Comment

Excellent. 7mm-08 and 308 are both 1" or less at 100yards for 3 shots. Couple things you have to contend with, less than ideal trigger and slightly longer lock time than your typical bolt gun but the accuracy is there. The 7mm-08 has been my go to gold standard for a long time. Accurate and short easy to handle. It is an original steel frame, have never tried the alloy frame models.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
          Big loops slow down the lever process proven through CAS competition, they were made for gloves.
          Yeah, but they sure are cool looking !!! I hunt with my 30-30 quite often. I would like to find one with a big loop !

Comment

I have a 243 and 308. Both are very accurate. I have never had an issue with either one

Comment

Awesome thread. Nice to see so many lever action fans here, if I get all my chores done today I’ll probably take my 71 Winchester down to the creek stand for a sit this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jfk47 View Post
                Yeah, but they sure are cool looking !!! I hunt with my 30-30 quite often. I would like to find one with a big loop !
                Just buy a big loop and swap it out.

Comment

Hoping to air out my glenfield marlin 30 shortmag in the morning.

Comment

Took out the lever gun and did a fun little spot and stalk on a group of pigs… the 45-70 is a cannon
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                      I hauled my dads .308 Marlin express this trip. He’s in bad health and gave it to me about a month ago.
                      Ever since he keeps asking about it so I figured I’d give it some vitamin D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Very nice rifle, love that style. Had a Glenfield/Marlin in .30-30 a few years back that was my Dad's, made a big mistake and traded it.

Comment

My father gave my brothers and I his guns before he passed away in 2021. Last year I used his .243 to shoot a doe. This is the rifle I used to shoot my first deer with, a doe. This year I plan to get out his Winchester 94 in 30-30 to shoot something with. This is the gun he wanted me to shoot my first deer with but I just couldn’t ever get comfortable shooting it. I can’t remember if it was the open sights or the kick. I’m exclusively a bow hunter but I’ll break it out to honor him. I’ll probably have to be in bow range anyway for my eyes to work those open sights [emoji23].

Enjoying this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                          Hope to have a similar deal with the 336 I inherited from my grandpa soon.
                          Right on, sure makes for a memorable hunt

Comment

I have a couple 30-30’s I use.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                              Just buy a big loop and swap it out.

I put a Wild West Guns big loop on my 450 Marlin Guide Gun. It wasn’t a straight ‘swap’, I had to do a little filing on the end that went below the bolt to make it clear when swung down. It wasn’t hard, I just took my time- not rocket science.

Comment

Good thread.

Now what is a 38/55?

Comment

Working...
                                X