Junction, TX -places to eat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junction, TX -places to eat

Kid was lucky enough to draw a hunt at south llano river. Heading there next month…
    Looking for recommendations for a few places to eat..dads rule is when it’s daddy/daughter, we don’t do fast food or chain restaurants….

needing mainly dinner but gimme what you got for dinner and/or breakfast….dad loves BBQ but this trip is all about the lucky huntress… She is a sucker for greasy hamburgers followed up closely by good chicken fried steaks… if those two are lacking in town, she loves Mexican…

Hoping y’all can lead me right…hope to cap off an evening or two of bagging a few axis with taking her out to celebrate with a great meal…
    Thanks!
    Yak

Reading the Brady Bar-B-Q thread, don't eat at Coopers in Junction

Comment

Lum's for BBQ. It's awesome. Avoid Cooper's like the plague.

Isaak's for home cooking - breakfast, lunch or supper.

There are a couple of Mexican places that are decent.

Padder's Porch is not bad.

It's about a 20 minute drive to Roosevelt, but the Back Door Cafe at the feed store out there is great. Steaks, chicken fried steak, burgers, sometimes shrimp or salmon and such on the weekends. It's worth the drive if you have the time.

Comment

Junction Burger Company for a great burger. We love Lums bbq. Izsaack restaurant for a decent breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Lum's for BBQ. It's awesome. Avoid Cooper's like the plague.

Isaak's for home cooking - breakfast, lunch or supper.

There are a couple of Mexican places that are decent.

Padder's Porch is not bad.

It's about a 20 minute drive to Roosevelt, but the Back Door Cafe at the feed store out there is great. Steaks, chicken fried steak, burgers, sometimes shrimp or salmon and such on the weekends. It's worth the drive if you have the time.

Pretty much what he said, except I have never heard of Padders Porch!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Pretty much what he said, except I have never heard of Padders Porch!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            It's out on the south side of town near the city limit sign on the way to the Park. They'll rent you a kayak and shuttle you on a float trip, and then they'll feed you and maybe even have some live music when you're done.

Comment

Isaak's is a must. This is the best place for chicken fried steak and just good ole home cooking.

Comment

We've eaten at Lums and we'd definitely go back.

Comment

Gracias for the quick responses!
                  We’re going down a day early so possibly dad will be able to eat lums bbq before the hunt, haha…
                  Sounds like there’s a place for burgers one night and chicken fry’s the next, we’re going to be in hog heaven.
                  Since we’re going down a day early, I may try that breakfast…
                  Thanks green screen!

Comment

Lum's!

Comment

Isaaks, i used to camp at the state park and would eat there daily

Comment

If you decide to venture to Roosevelt, make sure you call ahead and make a reservation It will fill up this time of the year.

Comment

Everything that has been mentioned is great. There is also little cafe that has great breakfast. If your driving through town on the main strip from the south it will be on your left side after the burger place. The name escapes me but the breakfast is dam good.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

isaak's for sure

Comment

Yep, they all have been covered. Good luck to ya'll/her :-)!!

Comment

Working...
                              X