Lease electricity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
    Like I said, electricity is separate from lease dues. I pay electricity and lease manager collects and pays lease dues. This year it has blown up. Four got off which has never happened at one time. All four of those had campers. The coworker I got on has a camper, but takes it home every trip. My camper along with two small buildings are the only thing up here currently. I take mine home after season.
    Economy is terrible. Gas and diesel is expensive. Groceries are high. I suffer right along with the others. They have a valid point that their basically paying for a few other people to use electricity when they aren’t. But I have always compared it to a buffet restaurant. You pay a fee for the whole thing. You don’t get to pay by item you select. It’s ALL there for everyone, not my fault if you don’t sample a little of everything.
    Not much help but if you let me come hunt, I will cover the electric bill? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
      you need to get the "lease manager" on board. you may have to suck it up this year. but next year he needs to add the utility expense into the total lease fee. if you are getting shorted this year, have him add extra to cover it.

way too much drama from the whiners.

sell a weekday day hunt out of one of the whiners stands to cover the extra expenses. tell lease boss it was said whiner that did it
      My lease manager called me back a few hours after our conversation this morning. He wants to pay me for this year’s electric and then starting next season he will add to lease fee to cover.
      I won’t be taking his money this year. It’s not up to him to cover our electricity out of his pocket. That’s on us.
      I’ve been on there since 1995. Thought about looking for something else a few times, but I like the lease and have plenty of deer to shoot, even for a small east Texas place. Drama every few years from a few bad apples comes and goes.

Comment

Well sounds like you have a solution in hand! Good on you, and good on him too!! All good when it works out best for everyone! The whole thing is to reduce the drama and distractions that take away from the enjoyment of being there and it sounds like y'all have a good plan!
        Good luck!

Comment

It's split between all members. Regardless of use. No exceptions. No pay.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Well sounds like you have a solution in hand! Good on you, and good on him too!! All good when it works out best for everyone! The whole thing is to reduce the drama and distractions that take away from the enjoyment of being there and it sounds like y'all have a good plan!
            Good luck!
            Yessir. I was kind of shocked of his offer to do this. They’re good people, always have been.

Comment

First thought was to lock breaker box and give keys to those who pay. Also take down cleaning rack when I am not here.
              I can be a real jerk. Just ask my wife.
              When people are taking advantage of you, your not being a jerk! The non payers are!

Comment

Lease electricity

Tight *** people make me want to break an anvil. It’s fing embarrassing. I have to much pride too be a public cheapskate. If you can’t pay to play, take up hunting public or go fishing.

Sounds like the lease manager needs to do his fing job. If not reassign it to somebody that will.

Comment

We split ours once a year between 6 hunters regardless if you have a camper or not or hunt or not. I used to have a guy who complained every year but he complained about everything.

Comment

I pay it. $500 a year. But others add enough value to the lease in corn purchases and fixing crap up that it’s fine by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      It's split between all members. Regardless of use. No exceptions. No pay.
                      That’s exactly what we do.

Comment

Just did more research on past cost.
                        2019– $1250
                        2020- $965
                        2021- $860

I’m thinking cost will be at or lower than last year due to less campers and the time their used. Two guys brought property nearby and stayed in their campers while work was being done at the new place. They pulled their campers out in April when they got power.

With lease manager getting involved I think it will work out better. He can tell them his way or highway.

Comment

Ours is in the yearly lease payment, everyone pays the same if you use it or not. I pay an extra 1000.00 bucks a year to lease manager to keep my a/c on all through the spring and summer in my cabin to keep it in good shape internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Tight *** people make me want to break an anvil. It’s fing embarrassing. I have to much pride too be a public cheapskate. If you can’t pay to play, take up hunting public or go fishing.

Sounds like the lease manager needs to do his fing job. If not reassign it to somebody that will.

Who hurt you?

Comment

We have a bunk house where the electricity stays on year round. Bill is in a camp members name and the bill is paid out of the camp budget. We have the Dish network, I pay for that during the season and the cost is deducted from my dues. We have splitters so the guys with campers can hook it up to the system.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

For those that have electricity at their lease in camp area or wherever, how is the electric bill split among members? Is the bill paid by one person and then they get reimbursed? Is a set amount paid and any over/ under adjusted? Is it by paid member regardless of what they stay overnight in, how many times they go to the camp, or if for some reason they don’t get to go, but they pay the lease dues to keep a spot?

What we have tried to do is have power at camp with breaker panel. Electricity is split equally by paid member. Most had campers. Now only a few have campers, but same amount of members. There is a cleaning rack with a plug close for lights. There is a 12x20 canopy that has tables, chairs, and lights.
                                I got stuck with the bill again. $30 monthly minimum to have power on. Above minimum during October through January. Im stressed way too much and get mad when members don’t want to pay and start with excuses.

My brother pays it and I pay the satellite bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X