No announcement yet.

Lease electricity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like most have said split the bill regardless of who has a camper. They all benefit from the electricity using it for cleaning their game or enjoying a meal made in the campers. It’s a separate check to you, any surplus can be applied for following year or towards camp feed improvements etc.

I can’t imagine complaining over utilities bill because I know at some point, camper or not, I’m benefiting from the electricity every trip. Or they can chill in the dark cleaning deer or bring their own generator.

Comment

When the guy offered me $10 I handed it back and said nobody had ever paid me for s e x and I wasn’t going to accept $10 to get screwed that bad.
      The only shared bill is the electric. No feed bill. No improvement fee. We get to have our campers or whatever there for free. Year round access.
      Minimum payment is $30. Confirmed this morning.
      I also called the lease manager and told him about situation and that as in the past he didn’t need the drama of electricity and to have anyone that calls him to complain to contact me. Also verified that lease and camp rules were still the same as they had always been.
      Basically still in the same situation, but at least the lease manager is aware. His parents have had this property leased over 45 years through different timber companies. Their son runs it now. He was 14 when I got on the lease. He used to skin, quarter, and ice down our deer for $20.

Comment

I pay it monthly then bill all members equally at the end of the lease term. I can't imagine trying to split it based on what each member "uses". Sounds like a nightmare.

Comment

Pay or leave.

Four of us are tapped into another members Elec panel and split the bill evenly every month. He will text us the bill amount and we PayPal him the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
            I pay it monthly then bill all members equally at the end of the lease term. I can't imagine trying to split it based on what each member "uses". Sounds like a nightmare.
            Absolutely. It’s impossible.

Comment

We have an annual escrow amount that we all pay equally. It covers electricity, corn and anything else that a member purchases for the benefit of all. I will say that most of our group have been together over 25 years and all of us have been together at least 10yrs. Never had an issue at all, one person does all of the bookkeeping for us and sends out a complete accounting a couple of times per year.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                My first and foremost a-hole comment to your lease mates is if $20/month is a problem you don't need to be on a lease. Second one would be if I have to argue with someone over $20, I'm not hunting with them. If someone on our lease buys corn, other supplies, or in this case paid a bill we get a group text with the zelle amount needed. Easy peasy. I don't have to deal with it personally, because I would cut you out friends or family, but man money (even small amounts) makes groups of grown men be ignorant.
                Hammer connects squarely on head of nail.

Comment

solution

you need to get the "lease manager" on board. you may have to suck it up this year. but next year he needs to add the utility expense into the total lease fee. if you are getting shorted this year, have him add extra to cover it.

way too much drama from the whiners.

sell a weekday day hunt out of one of the whiners stands to cover the extra expenses. tell lease boss it was said whiner that did it

Comment

Lease electricity

I have 5 guys hunting on my place with me.
                    I added $100 to the dues to every one and I throw $100 in.

Plus I charge an additional $125 for 2 of them that have campers hooked up for 3 months. And another friend pays another $500 for his big camper he keeps hooked up year around.

So that’s $600, plus $250 plus $500= $1350

I put that in an account that it’s drafted from. It averages about $110 a month. We have three campers, small camp house, deep freeze, ice maker and skinning shed on it.

I have my own cabin and it’s on a separate account because I’m there all the time plus i wanted a full 200amp service when i built.

We also have a camp cash jar, throw in spare cash for propane, TP, paper towels etc. if some one goes to town for supplies they can use it. Whatever is left over at the end of the year goes in the camp bank account.

We’re all good friends family. If something needs paid for or fixed we get it done and every pitches in some way or another.

Ditch the petty members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Last edited by Hix; 11-04-2022, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a bunch of women splitting the bill at dinner. But but but you had two drinks and I only had one. Waaaaaaaaa

Comment

Up the lease fee and tell them electricity is free....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                          I am lease manager. I pay bill all year long and then that cost gets split by number of members and is paid in next years dues. I am always a year behind in getting paid and I pay my equal part.

Same. If anyone doesn’t like it, they can drag up and hit the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You have 3 choices the way I see it...
                            1. continue as you are and hope for the best...
                            2. get the lease manager onboard and increase the dues to cover electricity, or
                            3. go find somewhere else to hunt.

You have an unsolvable problem as long as your electricity is not officially included as part of the rights and benefits of the lease. You could lock the panel, take down the skinning pole, and other crap, but now you're destroying the reason you're there in the first place... Honestly, I'd begin the search for a lease that "fits" your own needs. Don't sound like it's worth all the hassle where you are right now.

Comment

I pay the electric bill and reduce my lease cost by that amount annually.

Comment

I pay the monthly fee and then charge everyone equally when the lease is due

Comment

Working...
                                X