Lease electricity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease electricity

For those that have electricity at their lease in camp area or wherever, how is the electric bill split among members? Is the bill paid by one person and then they get reimbursed? Is a set amount paid and any over/ under adjusted? Is it by paid member regardless of what they stay overnight in, how many times they go to the camp, or if for some reason they don’t get to go, but they pay the lease dues to keep a spot?

What we have tried to do is have power at camp with breaker panel. Electricity is split equally by paid member. Most had campers. Now only a few have campers, but same amount of members. There is a cleaning rack with a plug close for lights. There is a 12x20 canopy that has tables, chairs, and lights.
    I got stuck with the bill again. $30 monthly minimum to have power on. Above minimum during October through January. Im stressed way too much and get mad when members don’t want to pay and start with excuses.

We estimated what the yearly cost would be per member and added it to the annual lease fee. We had 10 members and it worked well for us.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
      We estimated what the yearly cost would be per member and added it to the annual lease fee. We had 10 members and it worked well for us.
      This, for each membership hooked to the power. If two members share a trailer, both pay.

Comment

I will add that lease dues are paid to the family that have the lease in their name. The small camp area we have is across the dirt road from their house. I’ve been on this lease over 25 years. We put in electricity ourselves along with a small building. They own the lot, but we have paid the taxes for “improvements “ ever since we have had power. They have nothing to do with electricity payment.
        We have 8 members and electricity last year was $240 per member for the whole year.

Comment

Estimate yearly electricity usage cost add to yearly lease fee. Everyone pays. Camper, camp house, no show. It doesn’t matter because it’s already allotted.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
            Estimate yearly electricity usage cost add to yearly lease fee. Everyone pays. Camper, camp house, no show. It doesn’t matter because it’s already allotted.
            Yep this is the way to go. It blows my mind that grown men join a lease and then complain about paying electric cost.

Comment

Everybody pays equal amounts

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                Yep this is the way to go. It blows my mind that grown men join a lease and then complain about paying electric cost.
                The excuses over the years have been ridiculous. “I only hunted in November so here’s $10.”
                “I didn’t get to hunt”
                “I don’t have a camper”
                What prompted this post was a new one. “Having electricity isn’t a requirement for being on the lease.”
                You’re right, but it’s at the camp where you park your vehicle, unload your ATV, and go hunt.
                Maybe I’m just being difficult. Two long time members left this year. They took a lot of stuff that was at camp that they personally provided. I have no issue with that.
                What’s left is what I have provided on my own for everyone, the A frame cleaning rack with two boat winches and cables, or the big item we split 10 years ago, canopy.
                My stubborn side wants to not let anyone use anything they didn’t provide or put money towards. I feel that is a camp convenience just like available power.

Comment

Implement a yearly ‘camp’ fee. Explain it will be used to pay electricity, camp improvements, etc.

Or implement the ‘camp’ fee as a one time fee to new memberships and split out the yearly electrical charge separate.

You can get usage history on your meter if looking for estimating costs.
                  Last edited by Greenheadless; 11-03-2022, 09:56 PM.

Comment

The key is to remove the "pettiness" from it all, even if that means replacing members. Big boy rules are everyone pays upfront because it's available and not fair for certain individuals to get stuck with the bills. If they don't like it tell em to kick rocks and find better members

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                      The excuses over the years have been ridiculous. “I only hunted in November so here’s $10.”
                      “I didn’t get to hunt”
                      “I don’t have a camper”
                      What prompted this post was a new one. “Having electricity isn’t a requirement for being on the lease.”
                      You’re right, but it’s at the camp where you park your vehicle, unload your ATV, and go hunt.
                      Maybe I’m just being difficult. Two long time members left this year. They took a lot of stuff that was at camp that they personally provided. I have no issue with that.
                      What’s left is what I have provided on my own for everyone, the A frame cleaning rack with two boat winches and cables, or the big item we split 10 years ago, canopy.
                      My stubborn side wants to not let anyone use anything they didn’t provide or put money towards. I feel that is a camp convenience just like available power.
                      Sounds like you need some new members. We had to "Purge" a few members when they did not want help pay for extra expenses that everyone used. I am sure you would have no problem filling their spots.

Comment

I have no say on members. I would love to be able to get rid of who I want. All the ones I’ve got on the lease over the years never had an issue. Lately it’s worse. I just got the bill back after a 5 year reprieve. I paid what I was told my share was. $200 a year for A/C, lights, and a shower is cheap.
                        My lease dues are much lower than average. And it’s 90 miles from home.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                          I have no say on members. I would love to be able to get rid of who I want. All the ones I’ve got on the lease over the years never had an issue. Lately it’s worse. I just got the bill back after a 5 year reprieve. I paid what I was told my share was. $200 a year for A/C, lights, and a shower is cheap.
                          My lease dues are much lower than average. And it’s 90 miles from home.
                          Well, I would just have to be an *****. No pay, no power!

Comment

Land owners pays the bills for the year...costs are split between everyone who has a trailer at time of yearly dues.

Easy peasy, no complaining.

Comment

I divide the yearly estimated costs equally. Been doing it that way for 30 years at my camp. It works for us. Everyone one pays for it in September.

Comment

Working...
                              X