No announcement yet.

Somerville 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was this past weekend? Anybody make it out?

?????

Comment

Well my plan was to hunt this week but guess thats changed was able to make it happen with the booms stick sadly

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
        Well my plan was to hunt this week but guess thats changed was able to make it happen with the boi oms stick sadly

I seen a buck that looks a lot like that one going to work last week he crossed the road in front of me I had to slow down so I wouldn’t hit him
        This was at yequa

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
          I seen a buck that looks a lot like that one going to work last week he crossed the road in front of me I had to slow down so I wouldn’t hit him
          This was at yequa

Pretty sure he wasn’t rifle hunting at Yegua.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
            Pretty sure he wasn’t rifle hunting at Yegua.
            No I was at Navasota river bottom lol

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
              No I was at Navasota river bottom lol

My bad
              I missed the rifle
              Sorry
              I did c a nice young buck idk I’d he was legal I don’t hunt there

Comment

I drive through yequa every morning and evening and quit often see deer
                A nice buck got ran over on top of the hill a month before the season started

Comment

Anybody on here happen to know why the northern part of the creek is marked public but when I went to check it out yesterday there’s a rifle blind with a feeder set up in the field I circled in red? I didn’t take a close look at feeder to see if it was running or even had the motor but was just curious if anybody on here knew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post

Anybody on here happen to know why the northern part of the creek is marked public but when I went to check it out yesterday there’s a rifle blind with a feeder set up in the field I circled in red? I didn’t take a close look at feeder to see if it was running or even had the motor but was just curious if anybody on here knew.

Report it brah last year we found 3 on 124 side by all the duck ponds people get brave and don't read all the rules for each phl

Comment

I agree, report it. There’s no room for that sort of thing.

Comment

It looked to have a feed panel around it too. My main concern was that the other side of the creek is actually private and not public like the book indicates.

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                          It looked to have a feed panel around it too. My main concern was that the other side of the creek is actually private and not public like the book indicates.

If you’re talking about the cleared area it’s private land belonging to Mr. Stanley. That’s why there are feeders and stands out there. There are several discrepancies between the map in the booklet and the KMZ file. That piece is private for sure though. They shoot lots of pigs of pigs over there, almost every sit I’ve been out there in six years you can hear the semi auto banging away. I’ve always wondered where all those bullets end up.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                            If you’re talking about the cleared area it’s private land belonging to Mr. Stanley. That’s why there are feeders and stands out there. There are several discrepancies between the map in the booklet and the KMZ file. That piece is private for sure though. They shoot lots of pigs of pigs over there, almost every sit I’ve been out there in six years you can hear the semi auto banging away. I’ve always wondered where all those bullets end up.
                            788 is right.

That land is private and marked. And has a barbed wire fence around it which isn’t in the greatest shape but you can definitely tell it’s there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinonabudget View Post
                              788 is right.

That land is private and marked. And has a barbed wire fence around it which isn’t in the greatest shape but you can definitely tell it’s there.

You’d think TPWD could get there stuff straight when it comes to what is public and what is not. Feel like they could really prevent some stuff by accurately mapping what is actually public and not.

Comment

[QUOTE=97JeepGuy;15284159]You’d think TPWD could get there stuff straight when it comes to what is public and what is not. Feel like they could really prevent some stuff by accurately mapping what is actually public and not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[

I have contacted them multiple times about it. Every year I think they may have updated the mapping info yet it’s the same. I was told the local TPWD people are in charge of that and given a number to call yet I can never get ahold of anybody with that number. What I’ve found to be best is just stay away from the fence lines. Most if not all of the private landowners around there hunt themselves and I personally don’t want to catch a bullet out there with the spotty cell service. Remember if you do arrow an animal it will still run and if it crosses onto private land you’ll have to get permission to go on private land to retrieve the animal or they could just tag your animal and take it themselves like they did to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X