Re-sharpening Mechanical Broadhead Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-sharpening Mechanical Broadhead Blades

At lunch today I was enjoying a bowl of Cajun Blake's Ragin Blaze Chili with one of our ground up whitetails in it, and I was fooling with some Grim Reapers and some Wasp Jackhammers. The blades were fine, just not as sharp as I'd like having been shot through pigs and javis and a deer or two.

I struggled being able to hold the blade well enough to sharpen it, and then it dawned on me. I whipped an old X-acto knife, pulled out the blade, put the blade from a Grim Reaper Carnifour in it, and sharpened that thing right up. Repeated this several times on blades for other Grim Reapers and Wasps Jackhammers. They are all scary sharp now. I think I am onto something!

Were you using a stone to sharpen them?

Comment

Got to try that.

Comment

Comment

I resharpen the blades on my rage trypans. Pretty easy and boy will they get sharp.

Comment

Great idea.

Comment

I use an old razor clamp (double edge razor blade) to hold the blades for sharpening on a stone and then finish with a leather strap.

Comment

I use needle nose vice grips and a diamond stone

Comment

I sharpened my expandables in a Lansky. Vice holds them just right.

Comment

I need to try that!

Comment

Great info here! I have numerous Rage blades that need sharpening. Maybe I can stop buying replacement blades now.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                        Were you using a stone to sharpen them?
                        I used a Smith's Diamond hone. Flat sided with a course and a fine and it makes these little blades scary sharp.

Comment

Working...
                        X