No announcement yet.

2018 Silverado..in the shop already..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84,000 on my ‘14. Just that silly AC condenser is only problem I’ve had. But I don’t have lift or drive it too hard

Comment

They pay them engineers millions of dollars to design trucks and y'all screw up in hours. And then complain about how they can't hold up. Hell I just buy mine and drive um no problems at all.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        They pay them engineers millions of dollars to design trucks and y'all screw up in hours. And then complain about how they can't hold up. Hell I just buy mine and drive um no problems at all.

I’m not 100% sure what in the hail you just said [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

But it won the jd powers award. The second time the door handle came off in my hand and had to be towed with transmission not changing gears it was gone. They just don't make them to last anymore. Warranty work the dealers love and probably do things that don't really need done. Just saying.

Comment

Wow, I’ve heard issues with the Chevy Trucks and Tahoe’s.
            I’ve got a 2016 F-150 with 183,000 miles and haven’t replaced the spark plugs yet. It’s the 5.0. Guess I’ve been lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
              I have no idea, had a company put it on after I saw how my buddies truck looked

But He had issues with the inside edges of his tires wearing out fast don’t know what causes that

After installing a leveling kit or lift kit an alignment is necessary. Leveling kits will throw toe out and sometimes will throw your camber and caster out. If you don’t get an alignment done it will cause tires to wear unevenly

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
                87k on my 2017 only issue was a sensor that was covered under warranty. Was your lift a spacer lift?

RC 3.5 Lift. It has the extended knuckles and differential drop. Then I have fox 2.0 coilovers on it too. Angles might be a little greater than factory but they aren't like off the wall bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                  my 2018 loved to eat transmissions.
                  Yeah I am worried about this coming up. I had a 2015 before this 2018 and I smoked the transmission just cruising to Houston one afternoon. It had 130k though.

Comment

If you can buy a Tundra you will be done with problems. All I had was Chevy's and I have 8 ford work trucks. I have a 2014 Tundra and love it and will definitely buy another one. I have a 3" lift with 34 on it and 106K
                    Last edited by hog wild; 01-09-2020, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                      I’m not 100% sure what in the hail you just said [emoji28]

Hell me neither I quit drinking beer maybe I'm having withdrawals [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        Hell me neither I quit drinking beer maybe I'm having withdrawals [emoji23]

That explains it [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
                          87k on my 2017 only issue was a sensor that was covered under warranty. Was your lift a spacer lift?

What sensor did you have replaced?

Comment

2014 GMC Sierra with 127,000 rolling strong! If I can get 200k out of motor/transmission I will be happy

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                              Lol, I was gonna ask the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                              To be fair it’s a pretty true statement. We’ve slowly been switching over to Tundras for a work fleet, and our expenses just keep dropping. We’ve been running the Tundras to 250k without major issue except one 2014 model that lost the transmission at 223k. We’ve got 3 GMs left in the fleet, and all have had considerable issues before 100K. We used to only run GM, and would replace them at 200k, and usually had at least one transmission by then. My 18’ Sierra is the newest left, and it’ll be gone by 160k. I’ve got 112k on it right now. So far it’s lost the brakes at 66K, but luckily I was only going 3-4 mph when I figured out I didn’t have any brakes left. AC condenser is an obvious one, and that was at 50Kish, then an injector failed at 80kish.

Comment

Had a 2010 5.3 engine had to be rebuilt at 31k miles lol

Comment

Working...
                                X