2020 Official Astros - Off Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
    Byeee Coleeeee can’t wait to steal your signs.
    LMAO

I appreciate everything he did the last 2 seasons but as a Yankee I can't help but hope he falls flat on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      LMAO

I appreciate everything he did the last 2 seasons but as a Yankee I can't help but hope he falls flat on his face.
      Yup me too, he pretty much shunned the Stros after the WS loss and they were the team that helped him go from the pitcher he was with the pirates to being the most dominant one in the league. Way to show class, enjoy watching the World Series from the couch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbuster13 View Post
        I’ve been promoting to deal Correa for the last season and a half. He’s a great athlete and will probably make someone a hell of a middle infielder if he can ever stay healthy enough to scratch a hundred forty games in a season...but he’s the second best shortstop on his own team at the moment and we have too much money tied up elsewhere to not dish him for some sort of return before he walks in free agency anyway....move Breggs over to short, ship Yuli back to 3rd, teach Alvarez how to receive throws at first & so long as he isn’t a liability defensively, it frees up room to still sign a mid range bat like Kyle Schwarber or someone I’m free agency....the Reddick contract is about as cool as taking a bath with your dad....need to find an out there....

...as far as catchers go, Chirinos is as good as gone. I’m ok with testing the waters with Garrett Stubbs for a year to see how he holds up as long as we can find someone with some minor credibility to split a little time with him....anything will beat the Hank Conger years...poor Conger hadn’t thrown out a base runner since the Clinton Administration
        You aren't the only one. We won a record number of games with "bubble wrap" out for 2/3 of the season with his fractured rib and back problems. We don't need him. Get rid of him while you can get good money!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
          What ya think? Correa and Reddick to Reds for Castillo. I like it
          ...im.....not......against it...

But

Correa aint going anywhere.
          Rosensnitch is outta his effin mind

Comment

I like it alot! Hope it eventually happens

Comment

Back in for the off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like it but we'll need another deal for a 3B. No, thanks on Yuli moving over. Bregman will be fine at SS. He's not at Correa's level but also doesn't have his injury history. Rendon if they can afford the contract or Donaldson if they cannot to fill 3B. Leave Yuli at 1B and Yordan at DH and let's go send the Yanks home again in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                  I like it but we'll need another deal for a 3B. No, thanks on Yuli moving over. Bregman will be fine at SS. He's not at Correa's level but also doesn't have his injury history. Rendon if they can afford the contract or Donaldson if they cannot to fill 3B. Leave Yuli at 1B and Yordan at DH and let's go send the Yanks home again in 2020.

Remdon would be a solid add. If they could do that and get Castillo, I think that would be some solid moves to keep them competitive next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                    Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                    Remdon would be a solid add. If they could do that and get Castillo, I think that would be some solid moves to keep them competitive next season.

I like it!!

Let's see what Yordan does this year for a while... I know he's a big-leaguer now, but his glove may be a liability... maybe Winter ball will help his fielding... hopefully he's playih' somewhere??

Comment

Tag

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        I like it!!

Let's see what Yordan does this year for a while... I know he's a big-leaguer now, but his glove may be a liability... maybe Winter ball will help his fielding... hopefully he's playih' somewhere??

I would rather see Tucker in the field. He has great speed and a decent bat that I think could replace Reddick.

As for an extra infielder, does Straw have decent fielding and hitting skills? Never really saw much of him....

Comment

Can’t believe they paid Cole that kinda money. I don’t think he will dominate over the next few years every season arms get weaker as a pitcher. Those arms can only handle so many pitches. Hope he enjoys the rude *** people and the high taxes!

Comment

[emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                              Yup me too, he pretty much shunned the Stros after the WS loss and they were the team that helped him go from the pitcher he was with the pirates to being the most dominant one in the league. Way to show class, enjoy watching the World Series from the couch.

Word! Hope he flops like most pros after getting their big contract

Comment

Luhnow said he isnt trading Correa.

Comment

Working...
                                X