What’s with all these pine trees...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love some pine trees.

Nothing like a nice cool fall day and being in some thick 20' tall planted pines with a breeze whispering through.

Great place to take a nap.

Comment

I grew up in the d—n pines. We had to pipe in sunlight.
      Worthless except for framing. Zero wildlife benefit unless you count the s squirrels dropping cones on the driveway.
      We live in the “Big Country” now and
      I love the sunrises, sunsets and night skies.

BP
      Last edited by Big pig; 03-06-2021, 07:51 AM.

Comment

they call it hiding behind the pine curtain for a reason

Comment

You're just getting into the piney woods down there. It easy to lose appreciation for them until you research all the everyday items that SYP is a component of.

Comment

What are trees?

Regards,

Lubbock

Comment

They should cut them all down and pour cement assuring no further trees or plants will grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                What are trees?

Regards,

Lubbock

Facts haha. Been in central Texas for 5 years and still ain’t used to having trees and water everywhere

Comment

If you like changing scenery join an East Tx deer lease. The scenery changes yearly due to clearing and thinning.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    I’m staying in The Woodlands and I hadn’t noticed it, but you’re right, the directional and way-finding signage is anything but obvious. I passed my hotel TWICE before I “found” it (which reminds of the time I was in NYC on business—this was in the mid-80s—and I “lost” the Empire State Bldg which was my landmark for knowing when the “numbered” streets changed from East to West in their naming convention. But that’s a story for another time.).

To make matters worse, it must be Cheer Competition season as my hotel is practically reverberating with hundreds of SPIRITED cheerleaders.

I need a cocktail and a steak—rare, Pittsburgh style—and I’m willing to run over little old ladies and babies to get it.
                    If you're in the Woodlands head over to Flemings for a steak.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      What are trees?

Regards,

Lubbock

Trees are much large versions of those cotton plants, that are all over the place, up there. I grew up around cotton fields and mesquite down in south Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        If you're in the Woodlands head over to Flemings for a steak.

Great idea. I walked over to Morton’s last night. Very underwhelmed.

Comment

Let's see now..... you go to a place called Woodlands in an area known as the piney woods.... and you wonder what's up with all the pine trees. You might have been in Austin too long.

Comment

Great idea. I walked over to Morton’s last night. Very underwhelmed.

I just passed a place near my hotel called Kirby’s Prime. Any idea how it compares to Fleming’s?

For the record, I also just passed a place to get a Thai “massage,” so perhaps that answers my question...

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                              Trees are much large versions of those cotton plants, that are all over the place, up there. I grew up around cotton fields and mesquite down in south Texas.
                              Yep. Gossypium is actually a perennial that force to be an annual through harvest. If left alone it will grow to be a shrub and even trees

Click image for larger version

Name:	134837E4-C544-4DAB-925E-87117BBAE596.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	24645671

Comment

I just passed a place near my hotel called Kirby’s Prime. Any idea how it compares to Fleming’s?

For the record, I also just passed a place to get a Thai “massage,” so perhaps that answers my question...
                                No idea with Kirbys.

Fleming is good. Wedge salad, sashimi tuna, asparagus and a T-bone.

Done

Comment

Working...
                                X