• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by southtx View Post
    Buy here pay here used car lots
    sorry

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      Negotiate price. The method of payment should have no bearing on the price.

You guys that pay cash I just don’t understand. Assume you pay $50k cash for a truck and for the sake of argument you were able to buy it for $2k cheaper that way.

Even at a meager rate of 4% on $50k in 5 years you’re looking at almost $61k if you left your cash in your investment vehicle.

So you saved $2k up front and lost $11k over 5 years. You’re $9k in the red. That doesn’t make sense.

I’ll borrow every penny I can at 0-1%. If crap goes down I still have my cash (that I’ve been making money on) to pay it off.

It’s math fellas. The other benefit is if crap really gets bad I have a vehicle that might get repossessed but I still have my $50k in the bank. Your’s can’t get repo’d but you don’t have $50k in the bank. I can buy a $2500 POS to get me around. I’m still ahead.

....always use someone else’s money if your’s make more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re probably right I just hate having a bunch of money going out monthly.

I’d like to buy a new Can Am 1000 and Can Am 4 wheeler once I build my shop and I don’t want to finance any of it. Not financing my pool either. I’d rather pay for my shop, pool, SXS, 4 wheeler all cash so I sleep better at night. I still keep a couple years of bills in my checking and savings between my wife and my accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Edward F View Post
        Not for a new truck I’m assuming.

I could negotiate your wife right out of her britches while selling ice to an Eskimo while getting $5k off the Ford plan while selling MAGA hats to a Democrat.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
          I could negotiate your wife right out of her britches while selling ice to an Eskimo while getting $5k off the Ford plan while selling MAGA hats to a Democrat.
          Oh wow. You seem pretty confident in your negotiation skills. Let’s see you put your money where your mouth is and see how much you can get off a new truck.

I’m worried about the big shot banker from Aledo TX. 🤣
          Click image for larger version

Name:	E0D6DEEA-D85D-4692-A38C-9F9D9B95B0BD.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	24645656
          Last edited by Edward F; 03-05-2021, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
            The recent thread on truck prices got me thinking, which is dangerous. But how do you pay for your truck? Cash? Loan? Lease? If you pay through a loan, how the heck do you afford those large monthly payments?
            I pay about $414 a month for mine, I was a first time buyer and went through my bank .
            And got approved for a loan. Now I have about 6 months left and it will be on mine.
            So maybe if you're on good terms with your bank maybe go and chat with them.

Comment

I buy it with money then drive it until the beach eats it to death. Tow it to the junk yard and buy another.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                Lol, put down the bottle

Comment

Usually buy last year's model that's still sitting on the lot, and I'm trading in something they really want and can sell.

I also negotiate for a living, and buy when the market is good for a buyer.

Right now, I'm unloading my extra vehicles because of the used car market and not buying a new one.

Comment

I think there’s a lot that don’t want to admit they finance the heck out of most of the stuff they own lol!

I finance at a low rate. Pay off early. I hate payments. I can’t pay cash for a newer vehicle. Kudus to y’all that can!

Comment

How do you pay for your truck?

Originally posted by Edward F View Post
                      Oh wow. You seem pretty confident in your negotiation skills. Let’s see you put your money where your mouth is and see how much you can get off a new truck.

I’m worried about the big shot banker from Aledo TX. [emoji1787]
                      [ATTACH]1042779[/ATTACH]

The fact that you googled my town, looked up my profession and would challenge someone to a truck buying contest is what should have you worried. Ha ha ha. Weird.
                      Last edited by Throwin Darts; 03-06-2021, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Loan: large down payment, 0% interest. Buying new isn’t all bad, just have to buy at the right time and do your homework. Study up on rebates, interest offers, etc. Wife is on her last car payment this month but we’ll continue to make that payment to savings for a few years so we can 1- just use that cash down, 2- use her paid off car as trade, 3- use both and dang near have a new one paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                          You guys that pay cash I just don’t understand.
                          LMAO

Don't understand? How do you think we got to the point where we can drop cash on a new truck?

What you don't understand is this; I don't want a payment to hassle with, I don't want any automatic deductions from my accounts and I have enough money that is does not matter if I pay 65k cash for a truck.

Some of us are boring with a big auger and will die without spending the majority of our money. The chicken feed that would come from investing the money paid for the truck is not even worth considering. I'll step over the crumbs to pickup the loaf of bread.

BTW, make that 0% deal and then ask how much more they will drop the price of the truck without the 0% financing. That 0% financing costs the seller money. It ain't free and they will deal.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                            LMAO

Don't understand? How do you think we got to the point where we can drop cash on a new truck?

What you don't understand is this; I don't want a payment to hassle with, I don't want any automatic deductions from my accounts and I have enough money that is does not matter if I pay 65k cash for a truck.

Some of us are boring with a big auger and will die without spending the majority of our money. The chicken feed that would come from investing the money paid for the truck is not even worth considering. I'll step over the crumbs to pickup the loaf of bread.

BTW, make that 0% deal and then ask how much more they will drop the price of the truck without the 0% financing. That 0% financing costs the seller money. It ain't free and they will deal.
                            Agree completely...…….

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                              LMAO

well said!! When they offer 0% financing, they also offer rebates, you get one or the other, never both

Comment

Chest beating is getting intense!

Comment

Working...
                                X