BBQ Comp Cooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Comp Cooks

Do we have any bbq comp guys on this forum? I think I remember seeing a couple/few?

I am getting going into a little bit so figured it might be good to hear some stories, share some tips or just know who to look for at comps.

I will be at the one in Elgin on the 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
      I will be at the one in Elgin on the 12th.
      Nice I just did one in Bulverde last weekend. Have a little one coming up April 30th.

Comment

We cook smaller ones and also Montgomery county Cookoff

Comment

we will be at the madisonville cook off May 14-15th

Comment

I’ve cooked in a few. It has been a couple of years. They were a blast that’s for sure. I’ve been lucky to have a few things place and won a couple categories. I want to compete again and with Texas opening up maybe I’ll get my chance this summer

Comment

The new CBA looks interesting, kinda a mix if IBCA and KCBS. I believe that give your scores so you know how well or poorly you did. I am also probably going to go down to Sealybration this year and cook if it happens.

Comment

Anyone else here in to comps?

Comment

Used to cook in IBCA and pretty much anything local.

Comment

We cooked at Houston for years....
                    Just stopped a couple of years ago..
                    It was a blast for a long time!

Comment

I’ve done some smaller local comps. Always a good excuse to drink beer...

Comment

We usually do a couple a year. Mostly local stuff. It's always a good time as you can't beat BBQ, cold adult beverages, and the occasional stage call.

Next one we have planned is in San Antonio in April for the Jr. Livestock Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel32 View Post
                          We usually do a couple a year. Mostly local stuff. It's always a good time as you can't beat BBQ, cold adult beverages, and the occasional stage call.

Next one we have planned is in San Antonio in April for the Jr. Livestock Show.
                          Awesome, I know the guy that is heavily involved in that one but going to miss it.

Comment

Welp I have another comp coming up in New Braunfels this weekend. Anyone else cooking?

Comment

We did the Touchdown Club at South Fork this weekend. It was more of a benefit/fundraising event. We didn’t place it was our third year.

Comment

Working...
                              X