Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash on the barrel head.

Comment

Why would you toss a chunk of change at a vehicle if you could save your cash on hand and finance at .9%?

You could save that chunk, and throw it into something that actually makes you money.

Now if you can’t get those insane rates, by all means.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        I negotiated the sell price before you ever discussed how to pay. I got good deals on both vehicles. You don’t have to sacrifice anything to get a good rate.
        This is the absolute truth ...

Comment

Cash if you can. Its nice not having a payment.

You will also notice that you dont want stupid options like sunroofs...would you rather pay an extra $1000 for the one with the sunroof or buy another gun/bow?

Comment

Sell land, sign turbine contracts

Comment

I bought a older truck and paid cash

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                I put as little down as I can and get the longest term loan I can get on the lowest interest rate I can find.

I then pay the loan off early. For example my last truck I paid it off in two years and had a 66 month loan. Every 3-4 months I make a payment of several thousand dollars, normally $3-5k till its paid for.

And I dont buy new, find a good used truck with low miles, something in the 3-4 year old range. And drive it for 10+ years.

Mostly pay cash. In the event I do finance I do the same as above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                  Traded my 2007 F150 KR with 110K on my 2013 KR in 2016. Paid it off in a year, been driving it since. 74K miles. I will never own a new truck again at the prices they are. Will always buy used and plan on driving what I have for a long time. The days of looking cool in brand new truck and impressing other people are long gone for me. It's transportation, nothing else.
                  Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                  Heavy down payment, 0% interest, be smart with your money. Can I afford a 70-80k truck? Yes I can but chose not to and to live well under my means (which somehow society has forgotten). However, Im not keeping up with the Joneses. My truck is a utility.

My previous truck I had for 12 years and rode it to the ground.
                  Yep...my truck is a tool, to get me from point A to point B, and haul/pull what I need from point to point. I try to get 200k+ miles before even worrying about buying something else, and thats usually every decade or so. And I get a plain Jane truck, without all the bells and whistles, I have no desire for sunroof, power seats, seat warmers, leather, etc

Now my wife on the other hand, she gets what she wants this time around she wanted a Jeep. We spent waaaaaay too much on a lift, after market wheels/tires, accessories, etc but she is the much better half of our marriage, and I want her to have what she desires

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                    Why would you toss a chunk of change at a vehicle if you could save your cash on hand and finance at .9%?

You could save that chunk, and throw it into something that actually makes you money.

Speaking for myself I am risk averse. Anything that has a lein on it is risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don't know what some of yall do for a living, but are you hiring?

I would have to say that on average, 8 out of 10 blue collar families cant drop cash on the table or afford a payment on a sub 4 yr note. Here's what I do, I get the most vehicle I can get for the least amount of money possible. Its that simple.

Comment

I negotiated the sell price before you ever discussed how to pay. I got good deals on both vehicles. You don’t have to sacrifice anything to get a good rate.
                        Wow someone actually gets it.

Comment

100%! Negotiate a price. Then negotiate terms. It’s absolutely not true that “make up” for low financing is baked into the purchase price. Now maybe if you go in there and the first thing you say is “I want 0% financing” or “I want my payment to be $688”. But that’s just dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

Agreed, that is cheap money.

Comment

Do whatever works for you and makes you happy. I've never had a car payment. I drive a 2008 model.

My payment goes to my land. My land brings me much more happiness than a shiny new truck!

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky freak View Post
                                If its financed you really cant afford it anyway
                                Thats a double edge sword when it comes to great credit.

Comment

Working...
                                X