• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowa Renegades are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Meindl USA boots.

Comment

It’s like buying a bow, gotta see what fits you best. My favorites are Lowa and Lathrop&sons. They are true mountain boots. I have work meindel and kennetrek as well. Danners may work for some but in my experience they are a little soft. Meaning I feel lots of rocks through the soles and don’t feel like the ankle support is great. But, I have bad ankles. Big difference in an early season bow hunt for elk and a late season rifle hunt. In most cases if you are mobile you won’t need an insulated boot. For early season, warmer temps I have a lightweight pair of asolo hikers that I wear. Biggest thing is make sure they fit and break them in!

Comment

I have a few different options to choose from!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It depends on the terrain, how many miles you will be walking and how many times you will use them. Danners will last for a couple of trips, but if you plan to use them for multiple trips and a lot of miles, the pricey Italian boots really shine. Zamberlans are my favorite and will last many years, if you take care of them as recommended. If you are hunting steep terrain, stiff soles are much easier on your legs and feet.

Two other items that are very important if you hunt in wet and rough terrain. Gaiters and trekking poles will make your hunt more enjoyable. Too bad I waited so many years to start using them.

Comment

I prefer the GTX style for Sept hunting no matter what brand you get.

I have had great luck with Salomon Quest and not so great luck with Keen Targhee II. Keen's waterproofing layer was terrible on the boots I had...but the boot was comfy and held up well.

Comment

I live the Crispi briksdal. Super supportive on steep terrain and rocks. I’m selling a pair of 9’s in the classifieds. My feet tend to swell on extended hunts but I like a snug boot. These didn’t stretch as I thought they would being leather so I’m going to go with my normal shoe size and not a half size smaller. They are my favorite hunting boot I’ve ever used by far.

Comment

If you want to be in the cool club, you wear either Crispi or Hanwag.

Make sure the boot fits your feet.

I love the fit of Danner, but I’ve been let down by their “waterproofness”.

Comment

Originally posted by texizona View Post
                    It depends on the terrain, how many miles you will be walking and how many times you will use them. Danners will last for a couple of trips, but if you plan to use them for multiple trips and a lot of miles, the pricey Italian boots really shine. Zamberlans are my favorite and will last many years, if you take care of them as recommended. If you are hunting steep terrain, stiff soles are much easier on your legs and feet.

Two other items that are very important if you hunt in wet and rough terrain. Gaiters and trekking poles will make your hunt more enjoyable. Too bad I waited so many years to start using them.
                    Yessir, for packing weight in tough country I use Zamberlan 1014 Lynx Mid GTX in wide. I have a pair of Danner light II also but prefer the Zamberlans. If I am deer hunting are don't see a heavy pack out I might step down in weight to something like Saloman X ultra and if the terrain will allow I will use light weight hikers like Altra Lone Peaks. The OPs foot might be different. The particular Zamberlan and Danner I mentioned take a heavy break in and you do not want to be breaking them in on concrete. If you are using a guide and not having to pack out the lighter choices might be better - each pound on the foot is like 5 on the back.

Comment

Whatever you get just remember what boot may be good for hiking around hunting elk may not be good for hiking with a pack loaded with elk. Ankle support is very important

Comment

I bought Schnees. It hurt my wallet. dang fine boots i expect to last 10+ years. I felt like I broke them in after about 20 miles. I also have a pair of under armor that took zero miles to break in. I wouldnt expect them to last more than a few years but they were cheap in comparison to the schnees.

Comment

I have had crispis for 3 seasons and they have quite a few miles on them they have the ankle bone support system that really does wonders and they are also still waterproof which says a lot IMO I did put super feet insoles in them from day 1 and they have been great also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 4BarN View Post
                            Look at Meindls also.

used mine for years, cabelas brand by meindl, excellent ankle support and comfortable walking all day. Mine were all leather

Comment

Ok follow up, where is the best place to try most of these on?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Crispi here. Great boot.

Comment

Working...
                                X