Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm as nervous at a cat! Opinions please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing in the drying process is going to fix some of these issues. As noted above, back blowing with compressed air will help fluff it, but it isn't going to fix "the look".
    Sorry bud

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
      Grrrrr!!!
      Hahaha

Comment

Yea, that's a bad one.

Comment

Originally posted by jp135 View Post
          grrrrr!!!

bbme!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            No joke here. Well except the one that's on me

I guess I could use it for an archery target. I'm still holding out hope the finished product will look MUCH better! It doesn't even look like the same cat to me.
            I'm guessing a local guy working out of his garage that offers great prices????

Just kidding man. I've got back a couple mounts (including my first buck) that were laughable.

Comment

That one leaves something to be desired for sure

Comment

Yep... you should be as nervous as a cat on a wood burning stove!

Comment

Who did that? Looks pretty bad man. Sorry....

Comment

Man that's rough how do you politely tell a taxi that looks terrible I'm not paying for that? I've never had to thankfully!! And I guess it's a one time deal
                    On the hide As well man

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                      What was the price ?
                      I'm embarrassed to say cuz I know the green screen beating I'm going to take. I know you get what you pay for

This taxi is a relative of a friend of mine so I gave him a shot. I sent him a deer that my daughter killed and it looked great. I know cats are hard to make lifelike. I've seen worse that this one. I'm still dissapointed no matter the cost. That being said I paid $400. That should have been my first clue I know.

Comment

My opinion is that I love those old wood-burning stoves, it looks really nice.

That...thing...on top of the stove, I have no idea. Possum on crack?

Comment

Cats are very hard to do and I rarely see them done well. But I think it is fair to ask him to redo it.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                            Man that's rough how do you politely tell a taxi that looks terrible I'm not paying for that? I've never had to thankfully!! And I guess it's a one time deal
                            On the hide As well man

I will pay him just because he did the work. Lesson learned. I just gotta laugh and move on. Thanks for all the responses! Chew you're the best

Is it really that hard to make them not look so surprised?

Comment

Can't knock you for saving some money. That being said cats are so hard to do, very rarely do you see a good one and when you do you will probably be paying big $ and waiting a while to get it. $400 lesson learned. I want a bobcat mount but will be doing some serious homework on finding the best cat taxi I can afford. Same goes with waterfowl and fish.

Comment

Prayers sent.

You could always take the hide off and just keep it as a rug.

Comment

Working...
                                X