Divorce help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ted_kennedys_liver View Post
    I have went through the worst two and a half years of absolute hell. Those that know the details swear it's the worst they have ever heard of. Can't go into details but brother it was bad. I could have put down half on an average sized home. Every other Sunday is a day I dread because that is when I have to drive my daughter back to her mother and listen to her repeatedly tell me she didn't want to go. I then come back to see an empty chair at her table. It can destroy a man. I know it sounds bad but I rather relive my dad passing every day than have to endure this pain on a daily basis. My support group was very small and definitely found out who my true friends were. Even had some abandon me in the course of it.

Point I am making is that it is survivable. I certainly didn't think so. The pain of missing your child never goes away but you get numb to the pain and learn to accept what it is after you have fought for your daughter and spent every dime you have and then some. Keep busy is the best advice I can give you. Learning not to dwell on things is very hard and remains a work in progress. You are not alone in this. Many on here can relate and are here for you. I have a long way to go and don't even recall what normal is like any more. I don't want to come across as if I have conquered all of these things. It takes time. You hang in there and know you are not alone in this. Prayers up for you.
    We had very similar experiences. It is survivable but it's tough. It's been 10 years and Even to this day it hurts not to see my daughter every day. Listen to this advice ^^^ above and things will work out.

Comment

Prayer up for you and your family. No advise on the divorce as I have not been married but I will say lean on the Lord and he will see you through this.

Comment

Went through it a year ago if you need to bend an ear

Comment

I am now 15 months into my divorce. I filed on her and have custody of my two sons, but she is fighting tooth and nail to get them back. Her family is trying to out spend me in court, they have called CPS with false claims, I won the judgement of the social study and now they are getting really desperate and now slandering me with false claims of physical violence. Its scary what some people will do. I will say my goal is to be a very active and positive co-parent however it is really tough at times while going through the process. At this point I just want it over, but I'm not going to give up on my boys to do it. If you need someone to talk to PM me. Get a good lawyer, document everything, don't go stupid (its hard at times) but they will use that against you in a heart beat. You job is to be level headed through the entire process.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
            We had very similar experiences. It is survivable but it's tough. It's been 10 years and Even to this day it hurts not to see my daughter every day. Listen to this advice ^^^ above and things will work out.

Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by ted_kennedys_liver View Post
              I have went through the worst two and a half years of absolute hell. Those that know the details swear it's the worst they have ever heard of. Can't go into details but brother it was bad. I could have put down half on an average sized home. Every other Sunday is a day I dread because that is when I have to drive my daughter back to her mother and listen to her repeatedly tell me she didn't want to go. I then come back to see an empty chair at her table. It can destroy a man. I know it sounds bad but I rather relive my dad passing every day than have to endure this pain on a daily basis. My support group was very small and definitely found out who my true friends were. Even had some abandon me in the course of it.

Point I am making is that it is survivable. I certainly didn't think so. The pain of missing your child never goes away but you get numb to the pain and learn to accept what it is after you have fought for your daughter and spent every dime you have and then some. Keep busy is the best advice I can give you. Learning not to dwell on things is very hard and remains a work in progress. You are not alone in this. Many on here can relate and are here for you. I have a long way to go and don't even recall what normal is like any more. I don't want to come across as if I have conquered all of these things. It takes time. You hang in there and know you are not alone in this. Prayers up for you.

I went through 3yrs of hell and spent 200k in Attnorney fee's. It really jaded my view on marriage and Frankly doubt I will ever go that route again.

Comment

Sad deal. Prayers up

Divorce is RARELY the answer. Marriage takes work and its sad that 50% of marriages end in divorce

HOpefully you get your other issues fixed as I can only imagine that is part of the problem

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  I went through 3yrs of hell and spent 200k in Attnorney fee's. It really jaded my view on marriage and Frankly doubt I will ever go that route again.
                  Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    I don't care if you got crabs, syphillis, or diarrhea ... call me anytime as I'm here to help a brother out

send me a PM if interested
                    True man right that with a heart of compassion and love.. Glad to know this man personally..

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
                      True man right that with a heart of compassion and love.. Glad to know this man personally..

Blake is such a great guy and has helped many on TBH in tough times including me.

Comment

Working...
                      X