State Farm Homeowners Claim- Lowballed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sailor View Post
    Worst in the business......................
    They "ain't" your good neighbor.....................
    But hey, I gotta give'em props, for running one hell of an
    insurance scam...............

Getting that vibe myself... Quick to take your premium payments but when it’s their turn, they don’t seem to work as fast!

Comment

Waiting on the contract from my public adjuster. Full post to come once it’s all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Add another bad experience with State Farm, i won't use them

Comment

Are you happy with him so far?

Interested in their contact info if so!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            Add another bad experience with State Farm, i won't use them

The restoration company I used said that HOAIC is by far the best insurance company when it comes to claims.

Looks like I’ll be doing some research on them once this is settled.

Comment

My father had the same issue a couple years ago and would not take of him. Needless to say he is not a a SF customer any longer.

Comment

I wouldn’t do anything with the check. Give it a little time and let an agent come out to assess damage. SF is pretty good about taking care of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_g View Post
                  Getting that vibe myself... Quick to take your premium payments but when it’s their turn, they don’t seem to work as fast!
                  I could tell you, a horror story about SF................
                  But, there might be children present..........
                  Besides...... that TV advertizing, ain't cheap...............

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                    I wouldn’t do anything with the check. Give it a little time and let an agent come out to assess damage. SF is pretty good about taking care of everything.

Yea, SF is real good,........ at taking care of SF...............

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                      Public adjuster.

Find a good one or hire a lawyer.

It’s the only thing that State Farm understands.

Advising the policyholder to talk to their agent or the carrier is terrible advice these days

I talked to a client earlier today who was asked to sign a GENERAL RELEASE before the carrier released the payment for the mitigation vendor.

If you don’t understand the implications of that, you need counsel.
                      This.

My son's claim went from 12K to 86K................

Comment

Old Jake is talking to his boss on the phone.

Boss to Jake: Hey Jake, we just screwed another one.

attachmentid=1041147&stc=1&d=1613834117
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have had SF for over 30 years in Pearland everything I have is through them house, boat, cars SBS, 4 wheeler, car loans. Never one issue they have always been great to work with and very helpfull. Could just be the agent you have maybe? And they have always been able to beat any other bank on loan %

Comment

I have had State Farm for several years, only ever had an auto claim (not at fault but Allstate was giving me the run around) They asked for pictures of damage and 2 days later I had the money in my account.

Comment

In times as these the insurance companies bring in the storm chasers to handle claims. I had two flood claims with contract adjusters. One was very bad. One was good. Since they are hired by the insurance companies I am always suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                                In times as these the insurance companies bring in the storm chasers to handle claims. I had two flood claims with contract adjusters. One was very bad. One was good. Since they are hired by the insurance companies I am always suspicious.

My claim was on 2/1, prior to all the freezing. Didn’t get a estimate from SF until 2/18. Haven’t had any contact from an adjuster. The only people from State Farm I’ve talked to are two “claim handlers”. Not sure if they are desk adjusters or what [emoji2373]

Comment

Working...
                                X