Kansas Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
    You never did say, but I hope you have a tag already.
    If you plan on hunting the rut and the place has CRP, I like hunting over looking these places. Then, when you spot a monster out in the middle of it, hit the rattling horns, grunt, or snort wheeze. He will come. Just make sure he isn't with a doe already. I've blown many chances by not seeing the doe he was tending.
    I should be able to get a resident tag for being active military. At least that’s what I was told and hope that’s true.

Comment

Move stand 1 somewhere else, you won't be able to get into it without crossing thick cover and will probably spook deer getting to it. Look for an old beat up pickup truck traveling that road that goes thru the property and ask him where he usually sees deer when he is poaching.

Comment

I would focus on all of these areas and less on the fields. Bucks will travel these fingers all day long and the are directly below your “stand 1” looks like a hot spot to me. Set cams up all through these areas and they will tell you where to be. Good luck and have fun!
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for some insight! I’ll definitely hang some cameras and hand corn to figure out what’s there. Thanks for the pinch point ideas as well

Comment

Most all the "Wooded Areas" are actually Creeks. There are some 25ft to 30 foot elevation changes across the property. So getting from one side to the other is going to require crossing a creek. Some of the creek areas look to be over 25ft in depth, so pretty steep.

Check your PM.

Comment

Couple good ones so far.
              Attached Files

Comment

Find hard bends in the creeks, deer will cross there, set up a camera and stands on crossings. We shoot a lot of deer on these set ups in kansas.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

walk the property. the ground is soft and it will be quite easy to detect their trails. I hunted in Kansas for many years and for me this worked best. Much of this was before the days of google earth so some ground time was required. good luck

Comment

Working...
                  X