• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any update on this buck?

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
      any update on this buck?
      I have not seen him. But he did show up on a game camera last week that belongs to one of the other guys on the lease. Was right at daybreak when it was hard to see. Wasn't there long and He wasn't hunting that weekend.

Kinda surprising to see him at a feeder, especially the second week of the season. I have to work this weekend and have an obligation the next weekend. So hopefully he is still alive by thanksgiving. From the pictures it looks like he still has all of his points, may have broken a brow tine.

Interested to see what plays out this weekend

Comment

Keep us posted. Post rut he may show up at a feeder or plot

Comment

Man.....I may have to go on short term disability if I had that deer showing up. Good Luck Getting On Him!!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            Keep us posted. Post rut he may show up at a feeder or plot
            That is the weird part about him showing up this early. I truly didn't expect to see him for another couple weeks like last year. If he keeps with his old habits I wouldn't expect him to be a regular at a specific feeder. Where he did show up there hasn't been much traffic.

I have a stand that is on a food plot not far from there, and it is one of the spots we saw him last year. I so wish I could get out there this weekend. If he for some reason is showing up at one of my spots, I might have to make the quick trip.....

Comment

Well the years long saga of this deer has come to a close. A good buddy got him this morning. Heck of a deer and glad that he got him

He has at least 19 scoreable points.

It is amazing what a little management and restraint can do. I haven't posted this to brag about what we have done, but more of a case study of what can happen. It will be hard to surpass this deer, but we have a good pipeline of deer that we will let grow.

Sometimes you have to take a chance, and in this case it paid off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Aggie PhD; 11-15-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

What a giant! Post up the final score when you get it. Congrats to the hunter.

Comment

Wow! Congratulations to the hunter... what an epic deer!

Comment

Please tell me y’all took some good LDP’s?!? Great buck

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                      Please tell me y’all took some good LDP’s?!? Great buck
                      Yes they did. I am 6 hours away at work. I haven't gotten those pictures yet.

I have a feeling they are cleaning and caping right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                        Yes they did. I am 6 hours away at work. I haven't gotten those pictures yet.

I have a feeling they are cleaning and caping right now.
                        What a giant of a deer. Sure wish you were the one who got that giant! Looking forward to the score. 185?

Comment

Breathtaking buck. Sorry you weren't the one to get him but glad one of your buddies did! A lot better then getting hit by a truck or shot by a neighbor with no history! Congrats to you all on holding out on this buck and I can't wait to hear the score. I would guess he blows by 185. Mass is unreal and 19 points will run up score! Please post score sheet once you get it.

Comment

awesome deer. looking forward to better pics

Comment

I don't have the full score sheet, but here are some stats.

Gross score 202 4/8
                              36 4/8 abnormal points
                              24 4/8 inside spread

Comment

What a stud hoss.

Comment

Working...
                                X