• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
    I can give you info

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Sent you a PM. Thanks.

Comment

Im hunting in Hardin County between Kountze and Sour Lake.

Comment

I'll be on the newton/orange county line.

Comment

I'm in Polk and Hardin. Anyone else doing food plots? Protein feed? Cottonseed? I've never tried cottonseed here.

Comment

I joined circle H in feb, Wont be able to go back till june/july. Been hunting hardin/tyler counties all my life. Cant wait to get my feeders out and some corn on the ground. I got 2 kids that are dying to see some wildlife.

Comment

I'm on Circle H as well. Family and I went out last weekend and had a great time starting to clear some lanes. might be a bit before I'm able to get back out and set up a stand and feeder though.

Comment

I'm going on my 3'rd year in Liberty county on East Cleveland Hunting club. I shot a nice 8 there last year but nothing to brag about . I have yet to get a really nice buck either on camera or in person but I know they are around . There are a few TBH members on there but most folks live nearby and don't camp there so it has been hard to meet everyone. I cannot get them to come to the feeders , I have tried Alfalfa , corn and protein as well as some attractants . The 8 I killed last year was crossing the road behind my stand and had no interest in the feeders at all. I had 19 bucks in a 3 hour period that I had never caught on camera and had never been at a feeder. I did see a very nice 10 while driving down the camp road the day before opener. There was another member that was hunting in a different area of the lease that had quite a few nice bucks on his camera that I know were not killed . I just cannot seem to get them to come my way. Now pigs on the other hand , I am over run with them and the few deer I get at the feeders immediately leave when pigs get nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  I'm in Polk and Hardin. Anyone else doing food plots? Protein feed? Cottonseed? I've never tried cottonseed here.

Thinking of doing one. I just got on a lease off camp ruby rd in Livingston. Near big sandy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                    I'm going on my 3'rd year in Liberty county on East Cleveland Hunting club. I shot a nice 8 there last year but nothing to brag about . I have yet to get a really nice buck either on camera or in person but I know they are around . There are a few TBH members on there but most folks live nearby and don't camp there so it has been hard to meet everyone. I cannot get them to come to the feeders , I have tried Alfalfa , corn and protein as well as some attractants . The 8 I killed last year was crossing the road behind my stand and had no interest in the feeders at all. I had 19 bucks in a 3 hour period that I had never caught on camera and had never been at a feeder. I did see a very nice 10 while driving down the camp road the day before opener. There was another member that was hunting in a different area of the lease that had quite a few nice bucks on his camera that I know were not killed . I just cannot seem to get them to come my way. Now pigs on the other hand , I am over run with them and the few deer I get at the feeders immediately leave when pigs get nearby.
                    THAT's your problem right there. If you want deer, put up BIG pens to keep the hogs out... will take a while but deer will learn they are safe inside the pens (well, safe from the hogs anyway)...

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                      Thinking of doing one. I just got on a lease off camp ruby rd in Livingston. Near big sandy.

You're just north of my lease. I'm south of Big Sandy school about 5 miles.

Comment

I’m a new Circle H member, too. I’ve got my spots set up and seeing hogs and deer. I’m planning to get out there Soon and do some “spring cleaning” with the pigs!! I also can’t wait to meet everyone, too. It’s gonna be a good season!!!

Comment

Trinity county out again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Southeast Tx hunters thread.

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                            You're just north of my lease. I'm south of Big Sandy school about 5 miles.

How are the hogs down your way? Hear they’re bad in Big Thicket

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                              How are the hogs down your way? Hear they’re bad in Big Thicket

They disappeared last season for some reason. I'm fine with that. After I put pens around my feeders they went to the ones that didn't.

Comment

Polk/Tyler county here. Looking good this year. Should be another good year. 3rd wet spring. About 15 tons of protein fed so far and antlers are growing.

Comment

Working...
                                X