Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of the 2 story blind....Here we go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macoop View Post
    Hopefully I'll have an LDP in front of it before long. I've only hunted it about 4 times now.
    I hope so! Getting pretty dang cold but I bet you're staying warm when you hunt any of your rock houses

Comment

Can I come hunt with you?

Comment

WOW! Im speechless..

Comment

Great work

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
            I hope so! Getting pretty dang cold but I bet you're staying warm when you hunt any of your rock houses
            If it is cold but warms up during the day, they stay a constant comfortable temperature. When it stays below freezing for 3 or 4 days, they get cold like everything else. I use a small propane heater and it keeps it toasty warm in two of them but a propane heater will run you out of the Alamo. You can't run it over about 5 minutes in there. A propane heater on low will put you into nap mode pretty quick.

Comment

I keep coming back to this thread and it's amazing!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
                X2

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
                  Thanks Man! That's pretty flattering.

This blind is pretty awesome to hunt out of and it doesn't really seem like a blind. It's more like an observatory. The deer don't pay any attention to it. It is surprising that they don't but they actually walk within just feet of it sometimes. I'm sure that will all change when I fling my first arrow out of it.

I have shot opportunities on does and small bucks every time I hunt this blind but I'm holding out for a good one. It's been extremely slow in my neck of the woods but I'm hoping the cold weather and frozen vegetation helps a little bit.

I still have some things I want to do to the inside but hunting season crept up on me fast. It isn't near as comfortable as the shack but I'll get it there eventually. Carpet upstairs will make a big difference since it seems noisy on the wood floor. I like the wood floor but carpet will quiet it down for sure. The insulation I put in the walls and ceiling upstairs made a big difference during the warm days and I hope when I fire up a heater it will also help.

Thanks for watching the thread as it was a real adventure for me to build something like this.

Comment

I bet your bow is whisper quiet shooting from this think. They blind is so well insulated do the deer even duck? That is pure greatness!!

Comment

Top.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                          I hung the solar panel and installed the power plant on the inside today. I moved the feeder a few yards closer and cleared a few branches out of the shooting lane. I put 1000 lbs. of corn in the feeder, threw out a bushel of pears from the neighbors tree, cleaned out the inside and loaded all of my equipment up and filled the feeder at the Shack and came home. I am officially finished!
                          There are a couple of far away pics for someone that wanted them.

I hope the next pic I post will be an LDP pic in front of this thing.

I'm bringing this thread back from the dark ages.

I was scrolling down and noticed a pic that looked REALLY familiar. I scrolled a little further, and I was right! A Totalflow box! I'm guessing you work in gas measurement?
                          Any way... You put more effort into your dear blinds than I do into my own house.
                          I've done a little bit of everything you did to build this blind, and I've got to say that you are WAY more determined than I am. It turned out great!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirstyswimmer View Post
                            I'm bringing this thread back from the dark ages.

I was scrolling down and noticed a pic that looked REALLY familiar. I scrolled a little further, and I was right! A Totalflow box! I'm guessing you work in gas measurement?
                            Any way... You put more effort into your dear blinds than I do into my own house.
                            I've done a little bit of everything you did to build this blind, and I've got to say that you are WAY more determined than I am. It turned out great!
                            I work in the gas pipeline business. We had some old obsolete units that were gutted and they make great battery boxes and most of the voltage regulators are still good too.

I stuck my first buck out of it this year at 18 yards. He was a good buck and the shot was at dark so I decided to let him be for the night. I went back the next morning and the yotes had eaten him. Since I didn't have to use a tag I have a couple of more on the hit list. I'm looking forward to hunting this blind for many years to come.

Comment

Not sure how I missed this one. If I ever get finished with the inside of our skinning shed I would like to make one of these out of the rocks we have laying around the property. Your bow blinds are what all bow blinds are measured up against.

Comment

WOW it turned up looking great

Comment

Working...
                                X