• Show
Clear All

Thank you Xbow

Comment

Originally posted by LloydMcCoy View Post
      Thank you Xbow
      No problem...

Comment

OK I got mine tonight and set it up like the instructions say. I turn it on auto and it just stays on. I set the time to min and still light never goes off. So is mine broke or do I need to wait till its fully charged?

Comment

Originally posted by peon View Post
          OK I got mine tonight and set it up like the instructions say. I turn it on auto and it just stays on. I set the time to min and still light never goes off. So is mine broke or do I need to wait till its fully charged?
          I think it says to charge 3 days. Also switch could be put in backwards.

Comment

I tried the switch both ways and no change. The lights are pretty bright so I think the charge is fairly good but haven't put a meter on it yet. Just wanted to know if others were
            working right out of the box or if everyone had to fully charge it first.

Comment

Originally posted by peon View Post
              I tried the switch both ways and no change. The lights are pretty bright so I think the charge is fairly good but haven't put a meter on it yet. Just wanted to know if others were
              working right out of the box or if everyone had to fully charge it first.
              I'm pretty sure I just mounted mine and put it on auto right out of the box

Comment

Has anyone tried using it without the film to see if the animals will get used to it?

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                  Mark's light works so well i decided to try the concept at my place 1 hr down the road... I used the walmart leds that have their own solar panel and rechargeable batteries... I had them on for a month and all nighttime activity ceased. I went from pigs and deer every night to All that would come in was coons... So i spent 1 weekend shooting coons and then took the lights down. I now use them at camp to light up my walkway and door.

Every place is different, try them at yours and see how it goes.

Comment

Sure they would but I put mine out during season so I didn't want to chance it. Ill take it off round july

Comment

Coach W, that is what I am afraid will happen if I do this, because I had it happen when I used a bright flash game camera. I was in the blind about a month after setting the camera up and an entire sounder came towards the feeder to about 25 yards and then froze stock still for nearly a minute. Then they all but tip-toed a circle around the feeder and ran off without a second glance at the corn. In their circle, they came around both sides of the blind so close I could have touched them!
                      I think if it stays on all night every night it would be easier for the pigs to become accustomed to rather than one that comes on when they trip it on. This is a great idea though and may work better for me with some slight modifications!

Comment

Personally I want all night activity to stop. I'd rather shoot em in daylight. Pigs went nocturnal so I had to do something. We are overrun withem

Comment

I picked up the light today and am getting it together regardless.... we'll see when I get it in the field.

Comment

I use a red film on mine and deer, hogs and racoons still come to it.
                            A buddy on the same lease uses it without the red fild and he still has the same critters coming at night. I think it just depends on the area and animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
                              Go to Harbor Freight they have the same light for $36.99
                              http://www.harborfreight.com/60-led-...ght-69643.html
                              On sale for $30 ! But not sure how long. Stopping in tomorrow to get a few.

Comment

Working...
                              X