Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
    I'm waiting, that's not a conversation I wanna have with the warden
    Only illegal if you shoot a deer with help of light. I set mine so it has to be pitch black for it to even come on

Comment

Originally posted by LloydMcCoy View Post
      Only illegal if you shoot a deer with help of light. I set mine so it has to be pitch black for it to even come on
      Point well taken...

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Well I just got back from a trip up to my lease.
          My light worked like a champ. I could see the light come on from my rifle blind that is 150 yards from my feeder. Too bad I missed the pig

Thanks for the idea Lloyd

Comment

Hope you get em next time. And you are welcome my friend.

Comment

So does it come on at dark and stay on all night or does it only come on when there's motion?

Comment

Motion

Or

On 24 hours...

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                  Motion

Or

On 24 hours...
                  Make sure you turn down the photo eye so it doesn't come on until after legal shooting light for deer.
                  Motion and set it to stay on for like 4 seconds. Battery will last longer if you plan to sit a while in the evenin

Comment

I have mine set to only come on when there is movement.

Comment

Ok this setup makes my setup seem like a kids toy and I bet by the time I bought the 4 little solar yard lights that run constantly, I could have done this and had a better light.
                      So, its off to the store tomorrow.

Comment

How bright is everyone's light? I only used one layer of film and it's not as bright as I was hoping for. I'm hoping after it gets a couple full charges they will be brighter.

Comment

Mine isn't super bright, but will light up the immediate area round my feeder.

I plan to hunt hogs, using a green flashlight and led kill light. The feeder light is just an added bonus for me

Comment

Originally posted by codfish View Post
                            How bright is everyone's light? I only used one layer of film and it's not as bright as I was hoping for. I'm hoping after it gets a couple full charges they will be brighter.

If you are using the same light as Lloyd and myself the directions that came with the light say to let it charge for 3 days before turning the light on.

My isn't very bright either by it is bright enough to see a pig through my scope and the crosshairs from 150 yards away. In fact I have a light mounted on my rifle and turned it on when I had a pig under my feeder and couldn't tell I turned it on. So with my setup I no longer need a light on any firearm to hunt pigs at night.

I talked to one of the other guys on my lease and he said I could put one at his feeder too. So now I will have two feeders I can hunt after dark.

Comment

It's bright enough to kill pigs with my bow under my feeder at night. Not blinding by any means but not 300$ either.

Comment

I will be getting one of these from NT very soon, Thanks for all the tips.

Comment

Working...
                                X