Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake boots, quality binoculars or scope

Comment

maybe a digital night vision scope that also works in the day and records video (something like the Wraith). Then he can record all his hunts and share with his buddies.

a good custom skinning knife will last forever

does he have a good bow?

game cameras

tent

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A ps5

Comment

Considering:

Cell camera so he could get pics (I gave in to wife and added him a phone line)

New bow

New shotgun

New fishing pole/reel

??????

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              A ps5

He already lost is ps4 a while back, so not sure I’m going to get him a 5. I don’t like game consoles very much.

Comment

Sounds like he's got "stuff". I'd opt for a hunting or fishing experience. Hire a guide on Lake Fork or go on a hunt together.

My son talks much more about our experiences than any of the things we bought him.

Comment

Well, becoming 13 is sort of a right of passage... maybe a trip out with the men... fishing or hunting, you know, just one of the guys now... My dad did that with me and my brother... We went fishing, and I was the boat captain... and they did what I wanted for a whole 4 day weekend... That weekend stands out as one of the most memorable experiences of my life to this day...

Comment

Does he have a subscription to one of those fishing boxes like mystery tackle box? My son enjoyed that when he was that age and ate up with fishing.

Maybe a Gopro so he can video his hunts and fishing trips. I know alot of kids are into posting things on youtube. Since he has a kayak, you can get him rigged up with the special mounts for the camera on his kayak.

Or his own pair of Costas?

Comment

I say take him & some friends out paintballing

Comment

Guided fishing trip and lots of pics.

Comment

I think I guided fishing trip would be great.
                          Maybe a bowfishing or flounder gigging trip.
                          He's old enough now that he'll definitely remember the trip.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Dirt bike….Ha! I was thinking the exact same thing!

Comment

Lots of good ideas here. I'm thankful my parents bought my lifetime license when I graduated college as a gift. It doesn't sound like that's an option right now but if that does become one it's hard to beat.

There's a number of bows that are really slick these days that have a broad range of draw weights/lengths. There's one by Bowtech (think it's called the Amplify) that goes from 7-70lbs and 21"-30" draw. I remember getting a real bow about his age and the bug has been with me ever since, and he would certainly be able to use it for the foreseeable future. Good luck!

Comment

An old classic car or truck...y'all have 3 years to restore it

Comment

Working...
                                X