New proof of license law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
    I could definitely see them going that route. Right now, I feel their estimations of harvest are a wild guess at best. They primarily go with Post-season surveys to a small sample group and then assume total harvest based on returned (not 100% return rate) surveys. With an electronic tagging system they'd have a much more realistic idea of how many deer are actually taken.
    Doe days were just put on in certain counties of TPWD District 7. Doe taken during this period must (read: legally required) be reported on the "My Texas Hunt Harvest" app. I suspect this will spread over the next decade.

Comment

Why carry a convenient small slim piece of thin waterproof paper with you to tag you deer when you can just carry this portable printer and your phone?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
        good luck tagging a deer with a picture of your tags
        you wrap your Apple watch around the horn. easy!

Comment

Originally posted by jmw View Post
          Just came across this tidbit of information. Effective September 1, you no longer have to have your paper hunting/fishing license on your person. You can show a picture of it on your phone or pull it up via the tpwd website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          There is always more to the story. I hope no one only reads the fist couple of post and go out and gets themselves in trouble.

Display of Licenses on a Mobile Device

Starting on September 1, 2019, it will be legal to display an image of information from TPWD’s website or a photograph of a hunting, fishing, or combination license on a wireless device for the purpose of verification of possessing a valid license. You must have your physical license for any activities requiring tags.

Comment

Is it that hard to put it in your wallet?

Comment

Originally posted by BOBSTER View Post
              There is always more to the story. I hope no one only reads the fist couple of post and go out and gets themselves in trouble.

Display of Licenses on a Mobile Device

Starting on September 1, 2019, it will be legal to display an image of information from TPWD’s website or a photograph of a hunting, fishing, or combination license on a wireless device for the purpose of verification of possessing a valid license. You must have your physical license for any activities requiring tags.

Thanks for that clarification. I’ve had to turn around on my way fishing somewhere before to get my license because I left it in my hunting bag. I almost forgot it en route to a small game hunt I won on Trinity River NWR last year as well. Makes sense to need it for the tags, but at least now there’s some leniency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm all for minor rule changes like this that add a bit more common sense to the existing laws.

As stated, it appears to only be applicable for hunting/fishing not requiring the use of tags. Guess that ropes in most fishing (no keeping bull reds) and perhaps dove and other upland bird hunting.

Heck, I know a few people that have been warned for not having their license in physical possession while wade fishing. This change essentially eliminates, what used to be a minor technicality that could have resulted in a fine.

Comment

It says for fishing. What I’m reading says nothing about hunting?? Sounds like you still need a paper licenses while hunting.
                  Says HB 547 Hunting/fishing license.

No matter we all know we have to tag our deer and fill out the log anyway.

Can't see anyone getting a ticket for fishing and not having your license on you. The Wardens can make a quick call and know right away if you have a current hunting or fishing license.

Comment

Is it that hard to keep up with? Mine stays in my hunting back pack at all times, which goes everywhere with me.

Comment

Working...
                    X