• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breadman View Post
    good luck tagging a deer with a picture of your tags
    Now that is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
      good luck tagging a deer with a picture of your tags

Just duct tape your phone to the deer. Problem solved. Be kinda hard to call your wife and tell her you’re headed home though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        Word.

I got hauled to jail for fishing without a license. And I wasn't even fishin.
        We need to hear "the rest of the story".

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Havent taken the time to check the wording on the "new rule", but the old rule/law stated that you had to properly fill out and attach your tag to a deer "immediately upon recovery". How do you do that if you dont have your license ?? Maybe the rule/law has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
            Word.

I got hauled to jail for fishing without a license. And I wasn't even fishin.
            ha ha

Comment

With all the other junk people carry when hunting, how hard is it to put your license in your pocket/wallet? On the bright side, this will help those who wait till the last minute to buy a license online and don't have a paper one.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                With all the other junk people carry when hunting, how hard is it to put your license in your pocket/wallet? On the bright side, this will help those who wait till the last minute to buy a license online and don't have a paper one.
                yes, I will just keep mine in my wallet like I always have. I always have my wallet on me....sometime finding a pen that works is a problem....lol

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
                  We need to hear "the rest of the story".

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                  ha ha
                  Long story, but it involved my sisters EX pinning it on me to save his ***. I had just stopped by to see if him and his buddies had caught anything. I got my revenge. That was in 1980.

Comment

Now we can show an eTag sandwich!

Comment

My son and I always carry what we call a "kill bag", which is zip-loc sandwich bag holding our hunting license, a small Swiss Army knife, several ink pens and a Sharpie or two, a couple of pair of disposable gloves, some zip ties and a small bottle of hand sanitizer. It works well - except the one time we mentioned it at a restaurant where we stopped to eat before a morning hunt. Someone overheard us talking about our kill bags, and we got some pretty strange/hard looks from the people at the other table.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

It does not count for any species that needs tags! Dah! But electronic tagging is going to happen in the next couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                          It does not count for any species that needs tags! Dah! But electronic tagging is going to happen in the next couple years.

I could definitely see them going that route. Right now, I feel their estimations of harvest are a wild guess at best. They primarily go with Post-season surveys to a small sample group and then assume total harvest based on returned (not 100% return rate) surveys. With an electronic tagging system they'd have a much more realistic idea of how many deer are actually taken.

Comment

I do not mind taking a picture of it but......my paper license will stay in my hunting bag so it can be utilized to tag a deer when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by jmw View Post
                              Just came across this tidbit of information. Effective September 1, you no longer have to have your paper hunting/fishing license on your person. You can show a picture of it on your phone or pull it up via the tpwd website.

It says for fishing. What I’m reading says nothing about hunting?? Sounds like you still need a paper licenses while hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                                If you voluntarily hand your phone to a cop of any kind, you deserve a ticket...
                                What in the world do ya'll guys take pictures of? All they would see on my phone is pics of my kids and whats growing in my garden.
                                I think y'all worry too much about stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X