No announcement yet.

Discount Tire Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount Tire has treated me fairly well in the past. However, about 3 months ago the store in Greenville rotated the tires on my Camry and I noticed one of the hubcaps was missing, then by the time I got home ANOTHER hubcap was missing. We don't go to Greenville very often, so I bought a set of 4 generic hubcaps at Wal-Mart. I went back to the Discount Tire in Greenville about 3 weeks ago and after the tire rotation I noticed one of the brand new hubcaps was missing. They looked in the shop and said they found it. An employee had broken it and just pitched it to the side without telling anyone. Before I left they got on line and ordered a full set of 4 hubcaps. This thread reminded me that they have not called to let me know the hubcaps were in, so I just called them. He said they ones they had ordered were no longer available and they have been diligently trying, but have been unable to locate any Toyota hubcaps. I told him I am sure I can locate some, I'm sure the Toyota dealer can get me some. Anyway, he said he would find me some and call me back. We'll see.

Comment

Last time I went there they broke one of my studs off and said sorry, you can take it to the guy down the street and get it fixed...really. No thanks. I fixed it myself.
      My wife hates the place because they always tell her she needs new tires even when they were recently replaced.
      I have bought a lot of tires from them but usually go local now.

Comment

Coopers are great better than Gen.......Sounds fair enough to me...Might not be a warranty deal ,,,maybe recall

Comment

Discount tire took care of me a few weeks ago. Gave me a much more expensive tire and no extra charge.

Comment

Stopped in to get tires looked at a few weeks ago that were cracking in between the tread and the sidewall (tires with an 80K mile warranty, less than 3 years old with less than 30K miles on them). Was told it was "weathering of the tire" and not to worry. Funny thing here is they replaced two of the tires from this original set of 4 6 months back under warranty. No big deal. They ended up noticing a screw near the sidewall of the tire that we hadn't noticed. Told us they'd swap the tire with the spare and recommended we go ahead and replace the 2 tires with cracking as the other ones were near new. Went ahead and got them on order. After waiting for nearly an hour for them to swap the tire to the spare, they ended up putting the spare on the wrong side, leaving the tire with the screw on the truck.

I won't be going back to discount tire again. I have gotten much better treatment at NTB.

Comment

I used to always get my tires at discount, but a couple years ago I took my Jeep in for a simple rotation and they ‘lost’ my gorilla key which then turned into them having the break all the lugs loose and install regular lugnuts. They were supposed to order me replacements but never did, and it turned into a huge ordeal. Bought my next set of tires from 4 Wherl Parts.

Comment

I've had nothing but good experiences at Discount Tire.

However, I quit buying the new tire warranty as it wasn't paying off for me. It literally takes a required tire replacement for the warranty to pay for itself or at least be close to it.

Heck, I bought a new vehicle back in 2018 and noticed a nail in the middle of my front tire one day. Lucky, it wasn't flat, so I drove over to the Discount Tire a few miles down the road. They removed the nail and patched the tire for free. I didn't even buy the tires from them as they were stock from the factory. I simply was in their system, had a history of buying new tires from them and they were hopeful I would be back in a year or two to buy some for the vehicle.

Comment

I NEVER buy tires anywhere other than DT! But, I know the GM here and Will has always treated me great and the service has been "above" expectations every time. We are both "hunters and shooters," if that has anything to do with it?

Strayed once years past and learned my lesson, so nothing but DT ever for me.

Comment

I had the same issue with tires from Discount. After the second set was out of balance they finally Road Force balanced them and were perfect.

Comment

I have never used them, I see them talked about on here a lot though. They are always higher when I price compare

Comment

I hate to hear that the general grabber X3 is a bad tire ( as I am thinking of buying a new 3500 or a F350 and doing ranch brush mulching would need a heavy duty tire)
                        But I have never had a problem with DT , they have always been more than fair on my road hazard “ even with ranch road damage “ I will continue to use them

Comment

OP, sounds like you got a bottom of the pallet tire, where all the other tires being shipped from China are laying on the bottom tire. This happened to me a few months ago at DT and they made it right. Could never get the tires to balance just like you are describing. This can happen to any make of tire I would assume. You got my luck...

Comment

Never had a bad experience at DT. They will always have my business until that changes.

Comment

You’ll love those Cooper STT Pro’s. Just put another set on my truck. Had 295’s the 1st time, dropped down to 275’s this go round.

Comment

I’m getting tired of DT around here. They have zero attention to detail. They always either rough handle the wheels and **** them up or don’t set air pressure right. They’re in too much of a hurry all the time and apparently only employ 16-18 year olds.

Comment

Working...
                                X