Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marathon, Headwaters, Durafit seat cover fading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Headwaters on my f350 got the max 1 camo. I love them but they are starting to fade a little after 3 years. My only other complaint is they are hot during the summer. Sweat like crazy. Other than that. I love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
      I have Headwaters on my f350 got the max 1 camo. I love them but they are starting to fade a little after 3 years. My only other complaint is they are hot during the summer. Sweat like crazy. Other than that. I love them.

I bought some nerpren seat covers long time ago and got sweaty butt even though the winter so that material is never going back in my vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
        I bought some nerpren seat covers long time ago and got sweaty butt even though the winter so that material is never going back in my vehicle

I guess it’s the cordura that makes them tough but it’s hot in my truck.

Comment

Did some more research tonight. Looks like they all fade somev...Seems like sitting in the sun and direct exposure through the windshield is the biggest culprit.

Now do I want to buy a set of Marathons or Headwaters for a $600 or a set of Durafits for $300 on a 2001 truck....that might be gone in a couple of years or relegated to deer lease truck. Marathons and HW are Cordura.....Durafit is Endura. Same type stuff with one being a knockoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Did some more research tonight. Looks like they all fade somev...Seems like sitting in the sun and direct exposure through the windshield is the biggest culprit.

Now do I want to buy a set of Marathons or Headwaters for a $600 or a set of Durafits for $300 on a 2001 truck....that might be gone in a couple of years or relegated to deer lease truck. Marathons and HW are Cordura.....Durafit is Endura. Same type stuff with one being a knockoff.
            Good lord durafit or cheapo if you really are making it a ranch truck or selling it soon, that is a no brainer

Comment

Good lord durafit or cheapo if you really are making it a ranch truck or selling it soon, that is a no brainer

Sorry to waste your valuable surfing time with my indecision. Please please by all means.... move on to the next post.

Its not a decision that's been made yet. I bought it brand new and said I would drive it until the wheels fell off. Just spun 300K on a 7.3 and she still looks good. ....so who knows when I'll actually get rid of it..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7964.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	24588040

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7966.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	24588041
              Last edited by Smart; 08-07-2019, 08:19 PM.

Comment

If you order Marathons right now, the turn around time is approximately 1 week. Ordered mine on the 22nd of July, they showed up on the 30th. Blown away, after never hearing anything, but long wait times from other people.
                I went Kryptek. Color looks very good, sharp lines, looks really clean.
                $700+ to wrap the inside of a new Tundra, with "CUSTOM", Aerospace created, tight tolerance, etc. etx.. YAWN... Looks like a 60 yr old blind guy was reading the digital display on the laser measuring device, a man with no arms sewed em with his feet, and the aerospace die that punches the EXACT holes for the headrest mount, must have been down for the day they made mine.
                Wrinkles that would be impossible to get out, because it's material that has no where to go. Holes don't match up with headrest, velcro that runs out of adjustment 8" before it even starts to pull slack out of the fabric, so it's a pipe dream that you could ever use the straps to actually snug something up. Velcro as far as it will go, and strap sags under seat.
                After and hr of dragging crap outa my truck and 2hrs putting the covers on, I was extremely disappointed.
                Not sure what I'm going to do at this point. I will say, IMO only, they are not worth, what you pay for them.

Comment

Sorry to waste your valuable surfing time with my indecision. Please please by all means.... move on to the next post.

Its not a decision that's been made yet. I bought it brand new and said I would drive it until the wheels fell off. Just spun 300K on a 7.3 and she still looks good. ....so who knows when I'll actually get rid of it..

[ATTACH]967075[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]967076[/ATTACH]
                  That truck looks to good to get rid of or sell unless it a maintenance problem
                  So pick your color of choice
                  P.S I paid to have my marathon covers installed for a professional look ( and they were perfect)
                  Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-07-2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

That truck looks to good to get rid of or sell unless it a maintenance problem
                    So pick your color of choice

Thanks.. I just fixed a big maintenance problem.....Hopefully thats all for awhile

They only problem that has mean leaning elsewhere down the line is peace of mind on 5 hours lease trips. But for now while I decide the front driving seat needs to be covered so I'm gonna do the whole thing.

Comment

Thanks.. I just fixed a big maintenance problem.....Hopefully thats all for awhile

They only problem that has mean leaning elsewhere down the line is peace of mind on 5 hours lease trips. But for now while I decide the front driving seat needs to be covered so I'm gonna do the whole thing.
                      You can do lots of maintenance and fuel cost for the $70,000 a new one cost
                      Some new seat covers will make it run better for at least 10 years

Comment

You can do lots of maintenance and fuel cost for the $70,000 a new one cost

Some new seat covers will make it run better for at least 10 years

Yup. I keep telling my wife that every time she says I need a new truck.[emoji23] The $3200 in the last two months including tires has her raising her eyebrow though[emoji41]

Comment

I have marathons in my Tacoma for about 2 years. There is some fading but its only the drivers seat. I also have dark tint and a lower eyebrow tint in the front. That being said I think the fading is from getting in and out of the truck cause there not a lot of sun that gets in to the seats

I think mine are mossy oak break up

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Anyone have the Carhartt seat covers? Saw a new line of Carhartt Precision Fit that looked pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                                Headwaters , Kryptek Raid in my Tundra. One year, no issues and they fit great.
                                Looks great. My Kryptec Raids just shipped from Marathon yesterday. 2017 F250

Comment

Working...
                                X