Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marathon, Headwaters, Durafit seat cover fading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
    I ordered a set of Max 1 camo Headwaters for the GMC 2500 I had. I added a couple cell phone pockets on the center console piece and loved them. I wish I would have added more pockets if I had it to do over again.

I don't remember the wait time but it wasn't something negative or problematic.

Fit was perfect and better than expected. Install was simple. Just had to follow the directions, especially to know where and how to run the Velcro.

No sun fading at all. The bottom of the drivers seat looked more "worn" than the rest of the seats, just like any of truck seats do, from the wear of getting in and out. Nothing that I thought was odd or unexpected.

I would 100% buy from Headwaters again.

My experience as well. Mine are 3 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
      I ordered a set of Max 1 camo Headwaters for the GMC 2500 I had. I added a couple cell phone pockets on the center console piece and loved them. I wish I would have added more pockets if I had it to do over again.

I don't remember the wait time but it wasn't something negative or problematic.

Fit was perfect and better than expected. Install was simple. Just had to follow the directions, especially to know where and how to run the Velcro.

No sun fading at all. The bottom of the drivers seat looked more "worn" than the rest of the seats, just like any of truck seats do, from the wear of getting in and out. Nothing that I thought was odd or unexpected.

I would 100% buy from Headwaters again.

Same here. Have had them on a f350 for the past 6 years on our mexico lease. Mossy Oak camo, not sure on pattern but its dark.
      Still look good and cant tell on fading as they are really dusty, but if faded its got to be light as its not obvious.
      Never washed and been sitting in those,110 deg summers. Cowboy drives it almost daily.
      Still tight, no,snags, rips or issues.
      Cant say enough about them

Comment

I installed Dura Fit in my truck this March. Liked that they were in stock ready to ship from amazon. I asked about a fitment question prior to ordering and they applied a $20 off amazon coupon to the models I was looking at.

Very impressed with the front seat covers, fit very well, seems and lines all matched nicely.

Was not as impressed with the rear setup, they just cover the seating area and Velcro to the underside of the seats. Where the fronts fit more like a sleeve. However I paid $179 which came with head rests, rear seat pockets and complete console coverage, compared to $500 plus so for that I am still very pleased.

I’d be less impressed if they turn pink in two years but I really am just trying to protect the cloth seats underneath.

Comment

Marathons on my 2012 Tundra. Got the solid brown about 4 or five years ago. No fading or issues with them at all. They’ve held up to Smart on our trips to Christoval

Comment

Had the Marathons in camo on my old 04 for a bunch of years and never had a fading issue at all. Just put black Headwaters on the new truck last September. No issues so far and I really like the Headwaters.

Comment

Marathons in my wife’s Tahoe and they faded severely. Started out as dark grey and are **** near blue now. Fit and protection is great but they look terrible now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                That’s a buddy of mines truck, he got the Katskins off EBay for a little under $600 and said the install took 2-3 hours but was not difficult.
                I can truly say opinions vary on this. If someone can install a full set of Kats in 2–3 hours and make it look professional, they are pretty **** skilled. It may vary depending on make/model of vehicle, but for newer F-150/250 trucks they are a biattch to get installed right so that they truly look factory.

Comment

Leaning toward teh Headwaters right now..... Too many Durafit fading issues to even justify paying half price for front and back.

If you got the driver and passenger bow scabbard can you tell me if it was worth it and how well it works? Concept looks good but you never know from pics. It would sure be nice not to have to lay ours down in my back seat and stack towels between them to keep them from banging on each other on those rocky arse roads.

Comment

Jason,

Look at this behind the seat scabbard....I've got one if you want to see it up close.

Click image for larger version

Name:	185230779_boyt-truck-seat-gun-case-organizer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	24588020

Got mine at the DSC show for under $100

Comment

-Your brand

Headwaters

-You color: camo or solid

Kryptek Camo

-Your length of time with them

2 years

-Your satisfaction or lack thereof

Incredibly satisfied

-Fading or not

Small, very small amount of fading. Marathons on my FILs truck are faded bad and they're not as old.

-Your wait period after order.

6 weeks

Comment

I have the bow scabbard and love the thing. Paul knows what he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                          Jason,

Look at this behind the seat scabbard....I've got one if you want to see it up close.

[ATTACH]967028[/ATTACH]

Got mine at the DSC show for under $100

I like that but really want something specific for the bow.

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                          I have the bow scabbard and love the thing. Paul knows what he is doing.

Great to hear...worst case I'd lik to get one for me. anyway.

Wonder if they can put the "map case" under the bow holder? I'll ask but seems like they could

Click image for larger version

Name:	bow scabbard.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	24588021
                          Last edited by Smart; 08-07-2019, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Headwaters, Kryptek Typhon, Front, Rear and Console. Going on 3 years and 35,000 miles on covers with slight fade on drivers seat. Seems like it took about 4 weeks to receive. No compliant or experience with any other brands.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Leaning toward teh Headwaters right now..... Too many Durafit fading issues to even justify paying half price for front and back.

If you got the driver and passenger bow scabbard can you tell me if it was worth it and how well it works? Concept looks good but you never know from pics. It would sure be nice not to have to lay ours down in my back seat and stack towels between them to keep them from banging on each other on those rocky arse roads.
                                Marathon and Headwaters are both made of CORDURA® so both will wear and fade at the same rate, my 2008 F350 I put brown desert camouflage Marathon
                                And never had a problem, sold it (2014)and saw the guy who bought it at a store the seat covers looked even better than when I had the truck ( he has kids and I two hairy Labrador dogs “ I guess kids are cleaner than dogs”) so I am buying more marathons

P.S the 2008 6.4 SD is still running strong with 300,000+ miles and 100% original factory equipment ( except shocks and steering parts) no deletes

Comment

Working...
                                X