No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks. Hopefully some rest will heal him up.

Comment

I like watching baseball enough I stop by a tournament field still and watch some 9u-10u ball. Lots of excitement and it is what baseball is about

Comment

My 8 yo has a elbow issue called Panners disease. He’s been out for 8 weeks and missed basketball. Hopefully he heals up soon as we are supposed to start practice feb 5th.

Comment

That sucks but at least you have a good recovery plan. He'll be back to it in no time.

Comment

Sorry to hear that System and hope he makes a quick and full recovery. I've seen ALOT of elbow problems with youngsters on my kids teams and it sure makes me worry about my boys. Good news is all but one kid I've seen with these injuries returned fairly quickly and was 100%.

Comment

Had a kid last year with the same elbow chip and hurting. Doc said 8-10 weeks I said whole season would not let him return until fall his parents where mad, but they are thanking me now. He is back now and throwing very well, it 9U sit him out and rehab and come back in the fall. Get better long toss and strengthen the arm back up trust me you will be glad you did don't push him.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                Ucl tear and a small chip on elbow. Chip looks 'cold' and mightve happened a long time ago...MRI will tell more.
                Ortho said its typical and yes overuse is a common theme for it, but simply throwing wrong one time can cause it too.
                In our case its probably that he hurt it and didnt let anyone know until we noticed him compensating..
                Anyway..
                In a brace till MRI then a decision on whether or not he gets a full cast or if the brace is enough for about 3-4 weeks..then PT rehab...possibly throwing in 6....back to normal throwing will be determined by pt progress... but we wont be rushing it.
                Hes pretty bummed out.

I hate that for him, sounds like something maybe some pig killing, spring time bass fishin, and maybe an affordable axis doe meat haul, might cure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ucl tear and a small chip on elbow. Chip looks 'cold' and mightve happened a long time ago...MRI will tell more.
                  Ortho said its typical and yes overuse is a common theme for it, but simply throwing wrong one time can cause it too.
                  In our case its probably that he hurt it and didnt let anyone know until we noticed him compensating..
                  Anyway..
                  In a brace till MRI then a decision on whether or not he gets a full cast or if the brace is enough for about 3-4 weeks..then PT rehab...possibly throwing in 6....back to normal throwing will be determined by pt progress... but we wont be rushing it.
                  Hes pretty bummed out.
                  Been there done that x4...Gage had a shoulder growth plate injury at 8yo, and 12yo followed by pars fracture at 13 and ulnar nerve entrapment at 15.

WATCH HIM CLOSELY on this first deal...he's too young to understand the consequences of not following the program. At 8yo I found out Gage was slipping out of his sling to play dodgeball at recess and it set his treatment back.

Yours is learning the grind early - but there's still tons of ball and good times ahead if your do the treatment right!

Prayers for a quick and complete recovery!

Comment

Cypress, Texas. My son plays 12U baseball, usually through the school but thought I'd put this out there. My sons school tryouts aren't until the end of February so if anyone needs an extra person or is short a player at a tournament he is available if you have an extra jersey. He's a left handed pitcher and first baseman but would play anywhere just to get some AB's in.
                    He did this a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.

Comment

I went to a scrimmage last night. Mom next to me had a heated stadium pad. Almost looks like a must have in my opinion. I was on aluminum seats and by 10p I was jackhammering cold.

Comment

Anyway..
                        Hes pretty bummed out.
                        That sucks. My son 13U is just coming off 6 weeks of PT after being shut down OCT 1 for growth plate injuery in the shoulder. He’s 3 weeks into his throwing program so hopefully he’ll be ready to go in mid/Late Feb.

Comment

Man that sucks Systemnt. but hes young.

My middle son who played select ball from 9-18 was an injury machine. Broken ankles (football/motocross), broke both arms same day when he was 13 (basketball). Dislocated throwing shoulder at 14 in a game. Broke finger and damaged growth plate at 16 in Football, (another surgery). Broken ribs catching in a showcase baseball game at 17, and a few more here and there........

All in all, injury made him stronger and fight harder to recover. And his senior year he was one of 8 "kids to watch" in Texas 2A Baseball.

"Copay"....er.... I mean Dillon is off in college now and doing fantastic.

Prayers for your sons quick healing bud.............

Wish all you select parents a great year, first time in a long long time were not playing 100+ baseball games a year. Sure gonna miss it..

Comment

My son made the Deer Park High School Baseball Team this afternoon. He’s busted his tail the past 2 years for this. Definitely proud of him. Good luck this year fellas looking forward to see everyone’s kids and teams progress this season.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
                              My son made the Deer Park High School Baseball Team this afternoon. He’s busted his tail the past 2 years for this. Definitely proud of him. Good luck this year fellas looking forward to see everyone’s kids and teams progress this season.

Congrats to him keep putting in the hard work!

Comment

Congrats to you and your boy Jbarr!

I remember your story about coaching your son's teams this Spring...it must be extra sweet in light of that.

Tons of heartbreak is dealt out on lists like that this time of year. Those that get to keep playing for their school are truly blessed!
                                Last edited by LukeDuke; 01-26-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X