Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
    HS tryouts started today...
    We're still playing basketball for another 3 weeks.

Comment

It’s that time of year. I’ve got my cold weather gear in the car. Time off from work- Had parents meeting - Play Ball

Comment

Noticed a hitch watching the boy throw to 2nd during drills..looked like he was compensating and turned his arm of to side ..
        Finally got him to admit his arm hurt ..so we are headed to ortho tomorrow to take a look at his elbow

Comment

System. That bites. Lay him up. Let him DH. Trust me position at that age does not matter. My kid was a catcher until 14u. Make sure he is healthy and interested

Comment

Little small town of Goldthwaite has to play tournaments in the metroplex. No one around here will let us in their tournaments. Says we are recruiting. That's BS. Every kid attends our Grammar school.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              Little small town of Goldthwaite has to play tournaments in the metroplex. No one around here will let us in their tournaments. Says we are recruiting. That's BS. Every kid attends our Grammar school.

They can play too, I seen'em do it!

We get that same bit around some towns, I tell'em to work as hard as our boys do before you tell them they shouldn't be that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                System. That bites. Lay him up. Let him DH. Trust me position at that age does not matter. My kid was a catcher until 14u. Make sure he is healthy and interested
                Yup.Wont be any hesitation to pull him. He wont like it..and team will suffer..but its 9U.
                If doc says what i think he'll say we will do complete rest until rehab is complete... maybe rejoin team around state and ws dates... if that plan works out.
                Not really that concerned about play time as i am getting him healthy.
                We'll see in a couple hours.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  Noticed a hitch watching the boy throw to 2nd during drills..looked like he was compensating and turned his arm of to side ..
                  Finally got him to admit his arm hurt ..so we are headed to ortho tomorrow to take a look at his elbow
                  That's scary, hope everything works out for the best man. We have one on out 11u team that had a sore elbow after the fall, he didn't throw over the break and it started hurting again 3 weeks ago, they took him to the ortho and they told him no throwing and added some rehab for 6 weeks.

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  Could you guys play up?

Comment

Doghouse. Just go play better teams elsewhere. It’s no fun playing against subpar teams anyway

Comment

My youngest son is 9 and his first tournament is this weekend. I remember my oldest son’s 9u season. It seemed like it would never end. Here we go! Wouldn't trade it for anything though.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        Doghouse. Just go play better teams elsewhere. It’s no fun playing against subpar teams anyway
                        We do but it gets expensive on these young couples with the traveling expenses.
                        Last edited by doghouse; 01-23-2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Yes sir. We split with 2 other families.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            Sounds like Little League Elbow which is an overuse injury. Typically, that's 6 weeks of rest from throwing. I didn't think it happened to kids that young but he will be good to go in a few months.

Comment

Ucl tear and a small chip on elbow. Chip looks 'cold' and mightve happened a long time ago...MRI will tell more.
                              Ortho said its typical and yes overuse is a common theme for it, but simply throwing wrong one time can cause it too.
                              In our case its probably that he hurt it and didnt let anyone know until we noticed him compensating..
                              Anyway..
                              In a brace till MRI then a decision on whether or not he gets a full cast or if the brace is enough for about 3-4 weeks..then PT rehab...possibly throwing in 6....back to normal throwing will be determined by pt progress... but we wont be rushing it.
                              Hes pretty bummed out.
                              Last edited by systemnt; 01-23-2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Picture says it all. That bites

Comment

Working...
                                X